Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

180” Deer or 30” Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30” trout all day. As others have said money can buy a 180”+ deer.

Comment

I've got a handful of 30" fish. give me a low fence 180 please.

side note - they both make you shake.

Comment

I’ve caught a few trout over 30”, but haven’t broke the 10lb mark yet...that’s my goal.

I’ve also never shot a 180” deer. To me I’d rather shoot the deer, free range of course.

While we are at it we should include a 10lb slot red...which is a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
          What does a 30” trout weigh in TX? Just wanted some reference point, as in FL we weighed our fish did not measure them. Thanks
          I caught a 31" trout that weighed 7.5 lbs.

I've caught a few 30"+ that were 8.5-9.5 lbs.

I've never killed a 180" buck, and it's not from lack of effort.

Comment

What does a 30” trout weigh in TX? Just wanted some reference point, as in FL we weighed our fish did not measure them. Thanks
            depends on the time of year. I've got a 28 caught in march that weighed over nine after spitting up a horse mullet, and a 29.5 caught in August that weighed 6.5.

Comment

180 free range buck probably
              Though a 30 inch trout not caught in freezing cold would be good
              ( December of 1989 I caught 8 trout over 30 inch in the port Mansfield turn basin , it was 17 degrees and next day the bay froze up, and wiped out all the trout in the bay )

Comment

Trout

Comment

I don’t have much money so buying a buck like that isn’t an option or thought....Nor do I fish or know anything about trout. Lol

It doesn’t even have to be a 180”...I’d go with a LF 130” over a 30” trout.

I’m more of a whitetail nut who loves to bowhunt.

Comment

Both require being in the right place at the right time. I haven't shot a 180" low fence buck yet, but I've caught a few 30" trout. Got lucky I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                      depends on the time of year. I've got a 28 caught in march that weighed over nine after spitting up a horse mullet, and a 29.5 caught in August that weighed 6.5.
                      Thank you for the information, I was thinking around 9 lbs. or so. We just never measured them before releasing them.

I have been fortunate enough to get to fish in the closed zone at Cape Canaveral for brood stock Redfish for the Miami hatchery. We had trout “by catch” in the 9 to 13# range, all sight fishing.

Comment

Give me a 180 inch buck any day. Ive caught 3 30 ich trout one morning before daylight in sabine lake. Had no idea how big they were til daylight

Comment

Thank you for the information, I was thinking around 9 lbs. or so. We just never measured them before releasing them.

I have been fortunate enough to get to fish in the closed zone at Cape Canaveral for brood stock Redfish for the Miami hatchery. We had trout “by catch” in the 9 to 13# range, all sight fishing.
                          13 pounds is a beast!

Comment

I can buy a 180 buck..
                            30 inch trout, not so much..

Comment

Give me the deer as long as it’s a nice typical and doesn’t look like a retarded cedar tree

Comment

Low fence 180

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X