How to slow hogs eating corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to slow hogs eating corn

I put out corn almost daily by hand but within hours they eat it all. How do y’all keep a spot baited without a feeder? They are killing me. Pic of me Corning this morning and hogs shortly after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kill'em, trap'em, and fence'em out

Comment

May try feeding alfalfa hay.
        Hogs wont eat it.
        Our Deer are hammering it in Angelina & Polk County.

Feeder pen would be my other suggestion.
        Last edited by Hsbtgarcia; 10-08-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

^^^Yep^^^

Pig pipes. The deer will roll them around too.

Comment

I tried a pen. Deer wouldn’t come close to it.

Comment

Put the corn in pvc pipes with holes in it, and cap the ends. It will slow them down.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Put the corn in pvc pipes with holes in it, and cap the ends. It will slow them down.
                Yep. works great but you better chain it to a tree. Don't ask how I know.
                Moved over 150 yards in just one week. Almost got rooted into the Double Mountain fork of the Brazos. It ran out of corn or it would have been gone downstream. Be sure to use heavy wall PVC or they will chomp it to pieces.

Comment

Not much help I know but dead pigs don’t eat any corn

Comment

Best option would be a pen
                    Next would be a pig pipe (if its a large sounder they'll empty it just take em longer)
                    Or if you can routinely be on the property hammer em an they'll let up for a bit before you have to remind them

Comment

12 gauge - #4 buckshot about 40 yards. Shoot as fast and hit em where you can.

Comment

SIG AR 308 with 20 round PMAG clip & two extra clips on hand

Comment

Hal, where in the world are you where deer won’t enter the pen and how long did you give them ? I’ve penned four different properties in East Texas and the longest deer let corn lay was about two weeks. On one they were in there in two days.

Comment

Shoot em in the face!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Hal, where in the world are you where deer won’t enter the pen and how long did you give them ? I’ve penned four different properties in East Texas and the longest deer let corn lay was about two weeks. On one they were in there in two days.

I’m in Smith County. I put my feed pen up in January with free choice protein and corn feeders. Not a single deer jumped in and the corn just piled up until July when I gave up on it. After I took down 2 panels from the pen the deer finally ate the protein. Might have to try again. These hogs are ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X