How to slow hogs eating corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
    I tried a pen. Deer wouldn’t come close to it.
    I’ve used pens all over Texas. I’ve never seen anywhere that the deer don’t get used to it. BUT use hog panels....not cattle panels.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
      I’ve used pens all over Texas. I’ve never seen anywhere that the deer don’t get used to it. BUT use hog panels....not cattle panels.

I did use hog panels. Left it up for 7 months and zero deer jumped in and my protein feeder was still full.

Comment

Best way to get rid of pigs is to put some pressure on them. Go in there with a gun and shoot them a couple times and they will leave that spot alone for a while.

Comment

You have to put pressure on them. Get some buck shot, and do work.

Comment

My son went over there Saturday and put an arrow through a couple but that didn’t slow them. I guess they need to be blasted.

Comment

If you are going to shoot them with a shotgun, pour the corn in a line directly away from your stand. That way their heads will all be lined up to drop as many as you can with the first shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                May try feeding alfalfa hay.
                Hogs wont eat it.
                Our Deer are hammering it in Angelina & Polk County.

Feeder pen would be my other suggestion.
                B S. Hogs love alfalfa. They are killing mine and other club members right now. Pulling it out the hay feeders by the mouthful. Crazy!

Comment

Hog lives matter

Comment

line the corn like some one mentioned above and wait. I easily knock 2 out with the 6.5 cr , another outfitter I was with had knocked 5 with a 338.
                    Another option is call me to come sit all weekend, toss corn and hang out. I'll be there.

Comment

Pig pipes. I had videos of a large group of them at a pipe. They were there for a couple hours. Taking turns rolling the pipe will others rested in the background. I would put a few stones in it, sounded like it still had corn in it when it was empty.

Comment

Bring 2 or 3 extra people.
                        They out the feed out, you leave them behind.
                        When the pigs come out, they shoot the pigs. [emoji3]

Comment

Make a BIG pen. The larger, the better.

Comment

What size and length do y'all make those pig pipes? I have some 6 inch PVC. What size and number of holes in them? I need to try that in a couple of places.

Comment

I’ve had them on camera eating alfalfa

Comment

I had/ have a boar eating 100# in 2 days. Trapped him last night!..... and he destroyed the drop gate! Looked like a bus hit it and bent it out of its 3” deep tracks. Door made from 1” black pipe!!!

I’m so over killing them, I just wanna give up (229 since March 1)

Build pens is all I can tell ya. And I have hogs in every pen this year. From 25”-34”.... slowed down but still there about daily

Comment

Working...
                                X