No announcement yet.

2020 Blackland Prairies Thread Navarro, Hill, Ellis, Freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out to check cams, still looks to be slow overall. I think it will get better with this cold weather and I would think acorns are starting to rot also.

Comment

Any recent updates? How’s movement been in bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        Any recent updates? How’s movement been in bucks?
        Pretty slow

Comment

Movement has been great on my places. Coming to feeders really good. Shot a 153” buck last week and passed on a few 130-140 deer. Plenty doe and scrub bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            Movement has been great on my places. Coming to feeders really good. Shot a 153” buck last week and passed on a few 130-140 deer. Plenty doe and scrub bucks.
            Let's see that 153".

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
              Let's see that 153".
              My Tapatalk isn’t letting me upload photos. Had a buck chasing a doe this morning still.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                My Tapatalk isn’t letting me upload photos. Had a buck chasing a doe this morning still.
                I had a buck on camera yesterday with nose down like he was on a doe's trail. Maybe the 2nd rut has started.

Comment

I had a buck on camera yesterday with nose down like he was on a doe's trail. Maybe the 2nd rut has started.
                  They have been hard at it for the last week or so. Can’t believe they still are. Usually never this late by us. I usually went full on duck hunting mode by now but these deer still have me hunting.

Comment

Echo rut

Echo rut is always the week before Christmas! Go get 'em boys!

Comment

Anyone in Navarro have any luck lately? Our activity is ok but not great. I have pretty much decided I’m gonna prob let everything walk another yr. only1/2 bucks I would even consider and I just ain’t mad enough at em to try and kill one this yr as I think they could really be good next yr. just never really had any new good deer show up during the rut like usual

Comment

I can't make it out until next week. But movement is usually really good at my dad's place the last 10 to 15 days of the season.

Comment

Was hoping for some cooler weather but may try to make a sit this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                          X