No announcement yet.

2020 Blackland Prairies Thread Navarro, Hill, Ellis, Freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was decent hunt for our place, we were a little late getting there. My daughter saw 3 deer by her stand when she walked in then saw a pig but no shot. I saw two coyotes under my stand but no shot, saw one of our possible shooter bucks and had a shot but not really the one I want. He ended up winding me I guess even tho he was up wind and busted out. Still not sure how he winded me but I guess the wind was swirling just enough in that big tree I was in. I’ve gotten lazy on my scent control some I guess. Gonna have to step it up to outsmart these guys.

Comment

Y'all should have great movement this weekend for last weekend of bow/youth rifle...Good Luck!

Comment

We didn’t make it out but wish I could have been there when the cloud cover cleared. We had good movement on one feeder according to cam. May regret not getting out.

Comment

Plans have changed and it looks like I'll be able to take my youngest daughter out Saturday morning after all. We'll have to get out Friday afternoon to get her in some practice shots and if that goes well, we should be set.

Comment

good luck

Comment

Had another new buck show up this evening. Deer seem to really be moving last two days.

Comment

Well the change in plans had the new plan come together nicely. My youngest daughter took this nice 7 pt on Saturday morning at 20 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                  Well the change in plans had the new plan come together nicely. My youngest daughter took this nice 7 pt on Saturday morning at 20 yards.

Congratulations young lady. What a beautiful deer. Amazing coat on him.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    Congratulations young lady. What a beautiful deer. Amazing coat on him.
                    If I wasn't caping him out, I would have gotten his hide tanned.

Comment

Great deer! Congrats!!

We had lots of deer movement this past weekend. We just couldn’t get one to stand still long enough for my 10yr old.

Hoping this weekend still has them on their feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                        man thats a pretty deer, congrats. my son got his sunday morning too. we were covered up in pigs all wknd, shot 4 total but the bucks were not cooperating. this was the only one we saw and he was tailing a doe that moved through quickly, was a calamity in the blind trying to get the gun up and on him, if he would have taken two more steps he would have been gone. not a huge deer and probably would have talked him out of it had the deer came out and gave us some time but my son was very happy and that's all that matters to me. Now i have to put my daughter on one.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice buck!!!

Comment

congrats to both young hunters, I had some action Sunday evening but happened right at dark. Gonna give it another go in a day or two.
                            Has action been better in am or pm. I haven't made an am hunt in navarro yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              congrats to both young hunters, I had some action Sunday evening but happened right at dark. Gonna give it another go in a day or two.
                              Has action been better in am or pm. I haven't made an am hunt in navarro yet.
                              AM has been better movement on my place.

Comment

I had one stand with lots of morning action and the other it was all evening action. So who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X