No announcement yet.

2020 Blackland Prairies Thread Navarro, Hill, Ellis, Freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill be heading back up saturday evening for the whole week to try and get my daughter on the board. noone has been in our place since youth wknd so i hope we can sneak in and find one.

Comment

Love her smile & war paint.

Way to go dads, making life long memories they'll never forget!

Comment

Checked all cans today on food plots, feeders and hand corn spots and it’s been dead all week. Really need a couple hard freezes and some consistant cold weather I think. There is still a lot of browse and acorns. Only a handful of the same does and couple small bucks. Most of my bucks have disappeared. I still have two cams to check tomorrow that are just on roads so hopefully something has been traveling. I have 8 cameras in 108 ac so it’s hard not to catch something if they are moving at all.

Comment

We’re headed to the woods now. Hoping this front will get them on their feet. Hopefully pics to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one of my potential shooters show up right at dark but about 10-15 too late. He is borderline on age I think but I wanted to see him in person. He is a wide 8 but ridges on both sides where g4 might pop out next yr so it won’t hurt to let him go another yr. with all the small properties around me it’s a tricky game letting deer walk but if I don’t pass them they sure won’t get bigger. Only seeing about 1-2 deer a sit is tough but it’s better than yrs past when I was skunked on at least half my hunts. There is really only 2 bucks I’ve had on camera that I would really “like” to shoot. But won’t be too disappointed if I go a 4th ur without shooting one out here.

Comment

Lots more movement on cameras today with the cooler weather.

Comment

We bumped a good buck walking in to the blind. He was at the feeder at 3pm which is strange since we’ve had very little activity at the feeders. Saw another small one about dark.

Comment

I couldn’t drag myself out of bed this morning. But I should have gone, feels like a good morning.

Comment

They finally started moving about 9am. A decent 8 walked outside following a doe. My son rushed the shot so he lives another day. Hopefully they’ll still be moving this evening!

Comment

I have had lots more action on my cell cams the last few days but it is all does and young bucks. My hunting partner was out today working on the hog trap and said there are acorns everywhere.

Comment

We still have alot of acorns on the ground, prob the most I have seen in 4 yrs out there. My wife and family were sitting on the porch and about 9 am said a big buck walked up heading toward the plot and feeder by house until he saw them. I'm betting they are moving good today. I should have just stayed and hunted this evening.

Comment

This picture sums up the hunting action in our area right now. That feeder is running about 2 sec each feed.

Comment

Anyone had any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by JJordan View Post
                              Anyone had any luck?

Went during thanksgiving break and it was slow. It has been a weird slow season so far.

Comment

New buck showed up on camera this morning......while I was at work.
                                Hopefully he stays around for a few days till I can get down there.

Comment

Working...
                                X