No announcement yet.

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some success hunting tanks I found birds on the day before. Lots of gadwalls. Highlights of the year were checking off a tundra swan in NC and shooting a canvasback for the wall
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome on the swan! Family has a place there somewhere. I keep saying we're gonna put in for the lottery and go there but never have!

Comment

Awesome swan! We have some that winter around us and they’re beautiful birds. Had some on my ponds the last couple weeks and want a mount but not the ticket lol.

Comment

Had a couple of nice days on the coast to finish out our season. Always an awesome sight to see those sunsets and watch the birds work

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            Awesome on the swan! Family has a place there somewhere. I keep saying we're gonna put in for the lottery and go there but never have!
            Definitely give it a shot. I drew my first year applying as a nonresident but some of the guys I hunted with took a couple years to draw resident. I wasn't planning on winning this year lol

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
              Awesome swan! We have some that winter around us and they’re beautiful birds. Had some on my ponds the last couple weeks and want a mount but not the ticket lol.

I imagine they don't play around on swans. I had never seen one before and thought I saw one heading toward our spread so I said heads up one coming in. Turned out to be a sea gull or something else. I said I'll just shut up until you tell me to shoot

Comment

Finished the season with my Uncle on his farm in Arkansas. 340 ducks for the boys and I this year. Nothing better than the last bird of the season when my youngest shot a banded mallard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the swan and to everyone one else for a great ending!

Comment

We had an awesome last day. Two groups hunting 200-250 yards apart on two different tanks. 5 guys across the wheat field, 3 guys on the tank I was sitting at. The guys across the field had 3 birds, which is surprising because that tank held more birds on Saturday. The 3 of us in our tank had a limit purty quickly.
                    I have never seen the amount of wigeon we saw that day. Most flocks were around 75-100 birds but several flocks has to have at least 300 birds a piece. I do not exaggerate when I say we saw somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7,000 (possibly more) birds that morning and 95% of them were wigeon. Awesome end to the season.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Man I need to move out of central Texas. All these awesome reports are making me physically ill.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                        Man I need to move out of central Texas. All these awesome reports are making me physically ill.

Plenty of ducks in central and north central tx. Just most land is leased to deer hunters. Some years more ducks counted north than along the coast.

Comment

Lots of solid straps posted to end the season. Some stud bird too

Hunted every day of the last week. Lots of tough days but a couple of decent hunts. Nothing like 85 degrees with a south wind for the last weekend of duck season
                          Attached Files

Comment

4 of us killed 157 sky carp yesterday. Didn’t have to sneak far and it was just too good to resist. They didn’t really get jumped until we each got two shots off and the damage was done!

Comment

Got a nice mallard out in Eastern Washington a few weeks ago! We were pheasant hunting but have a few ponds we can jump shoot

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Hammered the snipe yesterday with a 4 man limit

Comment

Working...
                                X