X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those snipe coming into the decoys?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post

Just bought this rig on Wednesday, and will be taking it out tomorrow morning. If we shoot birds it’s a plus, really just going to try her out before season is over. She’ll be sticking flatties this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice rig

Comment

Got myself a stud Widgen and Ringneck. Big are going on the wall.
        Widgen flying solo and the ringneck along with a bluebill will be cupped coming in for a landing

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoping for a stud pintail tomorrow, have a wigeon and green wing in the freezer waiting to ship if I get him. If not they’ll go as a pair

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
            Nice rig

Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              Are those snipe coming into the decoys?
              No sir. We are just loaded with them so a bunch of passing shots

Comment

Hit the woods this morning with my Dad and my brother to close out the year.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

And just like that the '20-'21 hunting season is done. Can I get MLD tags for ducks? Mallards are just starting to get here.
                  It's been hell of a season with lots of great hunts and memories.

Comment

Nice photos No-Tox. And thanks to all for sharing your season through reports and photos.

Keep after them snipe 150class! Those are fun little birds. And it's hard to get close to-em if ya try to stalk-em. I keep some #7 steel in the ammo box just for those and should I stray upon a whirlybird.

I decided to call it a year last night with the predicted winds of 17mph by 9AM today. And hang the dequees till next season. It was nice getting out again this year. Only got 6 hunts in. But haven't been in a few years. So it was good. Only got skunked one hunt and that was with a south wind. Limited on 3. And half limits on the other two hunts. Really enjoyed the aluminum framed boat blind I built as well.

I'm already looking forward to nest season.

Comment

This was my first season to really hunt hard after ducks.
                      Learned alot, made some great friends, shot a few birds, had a great season.

Finished off my season this morning hunting with my boy, CBrown and Gus. I only got a single spoony hen.
                      Past two three weeks has really slowed down. I was going to call it a season, but my boy decided the last two weeks that he wanted to go duck hunting again. He hasn't been since the opener. He had his mind set on a "greenheaded duck" to get mounted.
                      He said he'd be happy with a full plume spoony. Unfortunately, this morning he was looking the wrong way when one just slowly flew by him(he was watching coots, hoping they would get into range). SMH...

Looking forwards to next season Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210131_073154361_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	24641976Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210131_082445932_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	24641977

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post

Finished off my season this morning hunting with my boy, CBrown and Gus. I only got a single spoony hen.
                        Past two three weeks has really slowed down. I was going to call it a season, but my boy decided the last two weeks that he wanted to go duck hunting again. He hasn't been since the opener. He had his mind set on a "greenheaded duck" to get mounted.
                        He said he'd be happy with a full plume spoony. Unfortunately, this morning he was looking the wrong way when one just slowly flew by him(he was watching coots, hoping they would get into range). SMH...

Looking forwards to next season [ATTACH]1038821[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1038822[/ATTACH]

Was a heck of a season I’m ready for next year and my new boat lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post

Just bought this rig on Wednesday, and will be taking it out tomorrow morning. If we shoot birds it’s a plus, really just going to try her out before season is over. She’ll be sticking flatties this summer.

Heck ya I’m ready to ride in yours

Comment

Finished the season strong with Edd Hanson!

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post

Looking forwards to next season [ATTACH]1038821[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1038822[/ATTACH]

That is an immature spoonie drake. Good deal on your season ! Congrats!

Comment

It was a Great season! Tough ,but great! I hunted 47 times in regular season & the whole 16 days of early teal. Me & my son had some great times. We stayed on birds pretty well the whole season, but it took a lot of effort & driving. The last 3 weeks or so I was driving 1100 -1300 miles a week for hunts. Some days a 3 hour round trip ,some a little over 5 hours round trip. I am slowly going into depression as the sun sets on another great season! Already waiting for September & the first sight of bluewings. Nothing I would rather do than spend time in the marsh. About time to get all the gear ready for chasing trout & reds till next fall!
                                Congrats to everyone on the season & successes!!

Comment

Working...
                                X