Anyone got a new 7.3 gas f250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    Not an F250, but an F350 C/C 4x4 w/long bed with the 7.3 engine! 3.73 gears and averaging right at 13 pulling and unloaded. It will haul butt, pull anything you want. I did not buy this for gas mileage so it really does not bother me what it gets!
    I’m not really “worried” about it I just filling up several times on longer trips

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      I’m not really “worried” about it I just filling up several times on longer trips
      Crew cab long bed has a 48 gallon tank. Even with 18k lbs behind my 350 CCLB I still have 400+ mile range.

Comment

From the couple guys I have talked to it’s the closest thing to a diesel there is without the extra diesel expense. With big 5th on inclines it won’t keep up with a diesel but there is enough there to still accelerate up hill. But it has to shift down more and work a little harder but that’s where the high torque of diesel comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Crew cab long bed has a 48 gallon tank. Even with 18k lbs behind my 350 CCLB I still have 400+ mile range.
          I’ll get a swb, I’m guessing it will be a 28-29g tank.

Comment

I’ll get a swb, I’m guessing it will be a 28-29g tank.
            CCSB is 34 gallon.

Comment

Here’s a little towing video for those that want to see it tow.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                I really really want to see a 7.3 towing, as I was driving to kerrviile, and 3 different F250’s towing with 6.2’s were struggling to make 45-50 mph Towing up the 5-7% grades on I-10 ( a 75 mph interstate) it totally destroyed my belief a 6.2 would Be good enough for me considering I don’t want to go back to diesel
                I had a Kubota SVL65 on the short trailer behind a 2014 gas Chevy and look hard at what is making hay on I-10 up those hills, very interested in a 7.3
                With the cost to buy and then the ongoing cost to own a diesel I’ll just take a little longer to get there. Lol! A gas motor won’t pull like a diesel but most people I know that own them don’t pull heavy enough loads often enough to justify the extra cost. I’ve had good luck with my 6.2 and think the 7.3 would definitely be between it and a diesel for still way less $ upfront and ongoing compared to a diesel. But some people just have plenty of $ and it doesn’t matter. So get what you want. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                  Been happy with mine so far, would go with the 7.3 again. I’ve got the Tremor package with 35” tires, 4.30 rear end Dana 275 and a lift stock from factory. Interestingly enough it has the same rear spring pack and axle as the F-350 tremor.

Getting 14 empty most of the time, but saw close to 16 on a 180mile round trip at 65 mph down to Galveston this past weekend. Hauled 2250 lbs in the bed before heading to Galveston from Houston to Benavides and got around 12. My TT is a little over 6k lbs, going 65mph I get 9-9.5.

Procharger and whipple are coming out with super chargers for those that need more! Some guys have done a few mods and gotten close to 600hp at the crank.

I really want the tremor but nobody has one in 7.3 silver. I've had 5 grey truck in a row so wanting to go back to silver for a while. I have found a silver/grey lariat in 7.3 that has most all the possible options except the wheels/tires and level kit of the tremor. May go ahead and pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    With the success of the Raptor you would have thought GM would've dropped the LT4 into snazzy off road versions for a truck & suv to compete as well...what I want to take around the block is the all wheel drive jeep / durango. Under 3 secs 0-60 with all wheels diggin in with a heavy beast of a vehicle is insane.
                    I watched a video over from the Houston drag string, I thought the guy ran a sub 10 second quarter mile in a stock trackhawk with slicks. If I can find it, I will send it over. It's wild.

I still wish GM made the SS, I probably would have bought it over my Hellcat. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      With the success of the Raptor you would have thought GM would've dropped the LT4 into snazzy off road versions for a truck & suv to compete as well...what I want to take around the block is the all wheel drive jeep / durango. Under 3 secs 0-60 with all wheels diggin in with a heavy beast of a vehicle is insane.
                      Co-worker has a 850hp srt8 procharged jeep. Stupid fast! Fun watching guys in mustangs and vetts get embarresed by an suv

Comment

My neighbor has drove diesels for the last 15 years. He recently got a new f350 drw with 7.3
                        He tows frequently during the week hauling mini excavator. His biggest load is his 43’ toy hauler at 16,000 lb. he says it tows best in 7th gear which is about 3000 rpm and he’s running about 70 mph.
                        Truck is sitting on 35’s and has 4.30 gears. So far he likes it. He just got out of a 2019 Cummins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2020 with the 6.7 diesel and it has 475hp and 1050 torque. I drove the the gasser as well as I have always had diesels but was curious. I have an F350 SRW and drove a F250 with the gasser. There is absolutely no comparison in the engines. The diesel smokes it all day and I am getting 18mpg to work and back. Have not taken a road trip yet but I am sure I will be happy with it.

but get what makes you happy!!

Comment

WI...there is always the CTS-V

Mission, the jeep & durango awd's are the new owners of the big 3 stop light braggin rights for now which is insane...once the electric / hybrids combine the lighter sport cars having all 4 tires bite, we will see crazy off the line speeds. I hate it, but is what it is & gonna enjoy the big displacement US muscle exhaust for now.

Comment

I really want the tremor but nobody has one in 7.3 silver. I've had 5 grey truck in a row so wanting to go back to silver for a while. I have found a silver/grey lariat in 7.3 that has most all the possible options except the wheels/tires and level kit of the tremor. May go ahead and pull the trigger.
                              Order one.

I have a King Ranch Tremor in 7.3 on order, should be here in a few weeks. Got a steal of a deal too.

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                                Order one.

I have a King Ranch Tremor in 7.3 on order, should be here in a few weeks. Got a steal of a deal too.
                                What did you end up paying?

Comment

Working...
                                X