Anyone got a new 7.3 gas f250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    You have to say that now, given the diesels are making ~800ft/lbs of torque. We have had a few 454 Chevy's over the years, one 8.1 liter, and even a 460 ford that I liked way back when.

This is a different animal than any of those, I can tell you that. I want one with a supercharger on it!
    Try 1,000 ft lbs, That how much torque the new 6.7 are getting. I remeber not to long ago when the cummins in 07 got up to 600 ft lb, that was a big deal. 1,000+ is insane, no gasser made can touch those numbers. That's why they always qualify it with "for a gasser" when talking about towing. The HP numbers are pretty close 475 diesel/450 gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Just wait till the customs start showing up...you can get this beast off the shelf in a crate & won't be long before we are seeing big HP w/ forced induction.
      The only downfall is it's iron block. It's really only suited for trucks, and would be silly to stuff in any car. Not saying it won't happen, but it's counter productive considering the power coming out of aluminum blocks these days.

I am looking forward to the reviews, my 6.7 Ford has just about 160k miles on it, and I am planning to make it to 300k before selling. Hopefully by then they will have figured out some sort of forced induction, because I would go 7.3 for sure!

Comment

Not an F250, but an F350 C/C 4x4 w/long bed with the 7.3 engine! 3.73 gears and averaging right at 13 pulling and unloaded. It will haul butt, pull anything you want. I did not buy this for gas mileage so it really does not bother me what it gets!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          The only downfall is it's iron block. It's really only suited for trucks, and would be silly to stuff in any car. Not saying it won't happen, but it's counter productive considering the power coming out of aluminum blocks these days.

I am looking forward to the reviews, my 6.7 Ford has just about 160k miles on it, and I am planning to make it to 300k before selling. Hopefully by then they will have figured out some sort of forced induction, because I would go 7.3 for sure!
          Buddy texted me a picture of a Whipple on one earlier this week FYI... Wouldn't tell me much but said they weren't far off of the market.

Comment

Been happy with mine so far, would go with the 7.3 again. I’ve got the Tremor package with 35” tires, 4.30 rear end Dana 275 and a lift stock from factory. Interestingly enough it has the same rear spring pack and axle as the F-350 tremor.

Getting 14 empty most of the time, but saw close to 16 on a 180mile round trip at 65 mph down to Galveston this past weekend. Hauled 2250 lbs in the bed before heading to Galveston from Houston to Benavides and got around 12. My TT is a little over 6k lbs, going 65mph I get 9-9.5.

Procharger and whipple are coming out with super chargers for those that need more! Some guys have done a few mods and gotten close to 600hp at the crank.

Comment

2020 XLT 4X4 crew cab I haven't changed a thing on it YET!!!!!
              Now keep in mind I only have 1680 miles on it, but from all but the drive to the house, most of the time it tows. Towing a 25ft camper and a 16 foot boat....triple towing to the coast and back it was getting 11.5-11.9 at each fill up. The times I've driven empty, the average has been 15.5-15.9, and I like to drive em like I stole em. Love the power, it reminds me of my old 460 I had in a 72 F250 when I was in high school. Forgot to mention I have the 3.55 gears, but will most likely be putting 3.73 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                Dale
                im confused, you don't want a ford but in the previous post you wrote:
                I can't help with mileage, but I just bought an F550 with that motor, and so far I'm very impressed with it and the 10spd auto.

I bought the 550 for the company....after a lot of hand wringing.

I don’t want my daily driver to be a Ford, but not ruling it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a truck engine, designed for trucks, with a truck engine block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would think they would certainly need to watch where to put the limiter but will be fun to watch & while I'm certain they will end up in cars, yeah much better options.

Is this engine traditional pushrod...I'm assuming yes, so the torque curve would greatly benefit down low with FI too.

~~~~

You see the the 700hp Ram sell out in 3 hours!!

The Ram 1500 TRX is set to be the most powerful and quickest pickup you can buy, and it’s turning out to be a fast-seller, too.

I would bet you will see a version of the 7.3 engine in the Raptor.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                      Buddy texted me a picture of a Whipple on one earlier this week FYI... Wouldn't tell me much but said they weren't far off of the market.
                      For sure there will be aftermarket. I want Ford to do the forced induction, so I can get a warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        You see the the 700hp Ram sell out in 3 hours!!

The Ram 1500 TRX is set to be the most powerful and quickest pickup you can buy, and it’s turning out to be a fast-seller, too.

I would bet you will see a version of the 7.3 engine in the Raptor.
                        I did. I am surprised Dodge took so long to make a Hellcat truck! I have about 3600 miles on my Hellcat so far, but the power is just wild, I can't imagine it in a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                          I run a F250 6.2 gasser and have no desire to own a diesel and I pull probably more than most guys I know with diesels. Too expensive to buy and too expensive to own. I can’t wait to try a 7.3 gasser one day.
                          I really really want to see a 7.3 towing, as I was driving to kerrviile, and 3 different F250’s towing with 6.2’s were struggling to make 45-50 mph Towing up the 5-7% grades on I-10 ( a 75 mph interstate) it totally destroyed my belief a 6.2 would Be good enough for me considering I don’t want to go back to diesel
                          I had a Kubota SVL65 on the short trailer behind a 2014 gas Chevy and look hard at what is making hay on I-10 up those hills, very interested in a 7.3
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-20-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I did. I am surprised Dodge took so long to make a Hellcat truck! I have about 3600 miles on my Hellcat so far, but the power is just wild, I can't imagine it in a truck.
                            With the success of the Raptor you would have thought GM would've dropped the LT4 into snazzy off road versions for a truck & suv to compete as well...what I want to take around the block is the all wheel drive jeep / durango. Under 3 secs 0-60 with all wheels diggin in with a heavy beast of a vehicle is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              I really really want to see a 7.3 towing, as I was driving to kerrviile, and 3 different F250’s towing with 6.2’s were struggling to make 45-50 mph Towing up the 5-7% grades on I-10 ( a 75 mph interstate) it totally destroyed my belief a 6.2 would Be good enough for me considering I don’t want to go back to diesel
                              I had a Kubota SVL65 on the short trailer behind a 2014 gas Chevy and look hard at what is making hay on I-10 up those hills, very interested in a 7.3
                              What were they towing? I used to have lease in Comfort and my f150 ecoboost never struggled to maintain 70 mph towing a trailer with equipment on that stretch on I-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                                What were they towing? I used to have lease in Comfort and my f150 ecoboost never struggled to maintain 70 mph towing a trailer with equipment on that stretch on I-10.
                                Medium size travel trailers
                                I travel that route a lot, and have been looking at what is struggling that stretch , below San Antonio/ flatter country
                                Seems like things are ok, just trying to figure out what would be best for my area
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-20-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X