No announcement yet.

Anyone got a new 7.3 gas f250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted the 7.3 Ford gasser but couldn’t find one. I ended up with a 2020 Ram 2500 crew with the 6.4 Hemi. Love the truck and it pulls out living quarters horse trailer just fine.

Comment

Is that you Jebediah?

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
      I wanted the 7.3 Ford gasser but couldn’t find one. I ended up with a 2020 Ram 2500 crew with the 6.4 Hemi. Love the truck and it pulls out living quarters horse trailer just fine.
      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DKscY7RcKs"]The Settlers DIRECTV Commercial Neighbors - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Theres a youtube video out there.The guy drove 800 miles with a factory truck and it did 15.3 MPG hand calculated and the truck said 15.6

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I have a 2020 with the 6.7 diesel and it has 475hp and 1050 torque. I drove the the gasser as well as I have always had diesels but was curious. I have an F350 SRW and drove a F250 with the gasser. There is absolutely no comparison in the engines. The diesel smokes it all day and I am getting 18mpg to work and back. Have not taken a road trip yet but I am sure I will be happy with it.

but get what makes you happy!!
          Did you think there would be a comparison between an engine with 475ft lbs of torque and 1050 ft lbs of torque? I'd hope for the $8k+ up-charge you'd get plenty for your $$. 15mpg vs 18mpg though isn't enough to justify the added cost for me. If I was towing multiple times/week or over 15k lbs regularly I'd consider the diesel.

I'm not saying the 7.3L is better than the 6.7L, I just think you should use the right tool for the job. For some that's the 6.7L, for others that's the 7.3L and still others the 6.2L will be just fine.

Here's a quick comparison on when the extra cost of the 6.7 would be to brake even. I went ahead and used 14mpg on the 7.3 just to see what it would look like and the current cheapest prices I could find for gas/diesel. Don't think I'll keep my truck quite long enough to make those numbers work, and I'm sure most don't.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas V Diesel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	24628373
          Last edited by stxhunter; 08-21-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Ford may be going with the 5.2 predator in the next raptor.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              WI...there is always the CTS-V

Mission, the jeep & durango awd's are the new owners of the big 3 stop light braggin rights for now which is insane...once the electric / hybrids combine the lighter sport cars having all 4 tires bite, we will see crazy off the line speeds. I hate it, but is what it is & gonna enjoy the big displacement US muscle exhaust for now.
              Have you sat in a Cadillac lately? They interior is a bucket of disappointment. My wife is currently driving a CT4, and the hard plastics are just embarrassing for a "Premium" car. Lucky for her, it's just a long term rental.

On the other hand, BMW has issued a photo of a wagon M3. If that comes to America, I am dumping my HC. Agree with the whole hybrid drivetrain in the near future, and hoping the wagon M3 has it.

The hybrid platform will be put into trucks, and make diesels #'s look weak in just a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Ford may be going with the 5.2 predator in the next raptor.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-ra...-raptor-pickup
                Saw that, but not so sure if it will happen. Was talking with an engineer who works on the Raptor and said Ford will be sticking with the ecoboost. Wonder if they'll have the 5.2L as an option ? That engine would drive the price up too much in my opinion. People drop big money on V-8 swaps or the "upgraded" shelby raptor so I'm sure it would sell.

Traded my Raptor in for the F-250, it was a fun toy, but just didn't suit enough of my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Have you sat in a Cadillac lately? They interior is a bucket of disappointment. My wife is currently driving a CT4, and the hard plastics are just embarrassing for a "Premium" car. Lucky for her, it's just a long term rental.

On the other hand, BMW has issued a photo of a wagon M3. If that comes to America, I am dumping my HC. Agree with the whole hybrid drivetrain in the near future, and hoping the wagon M3 has it.

The hybrid platform will be put into trucks, and make diesels #'s look weak in just a few years.

That’s the truth. We sat in a CT6 when we were looking. What a joke for a $70k car.

We paid $17k less for our Lexus and it’s much more luxurious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

( http://www.Transwest.com/frederick ) New 2020 Ford F-250 Godzilla 7.3L V8 Surprises on the World's Toughest Test - The Ike Gauntlet!( http://www.patreon.co...
                    Last edited by TXDUCKCUTTER; 08-21-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Test drive

Am I being unreasonable, after driving one empty and on flat ground
                      I really liked it, they didn’t have the trim package I want they only have king ranch—platinum ( can order a XLT), And I asked them if we could do a 2nd test drive west on I-10 Up the three 5-7% grade hills possibly with my scaled trailer ( 10,300 lbs scale ticket) Before laying down $50,000
                      The sales manager was thinking that was maybe pushing liability issues
                      Salesman was 100% ready , finance manager wasn’t happy with me wanting to not do a trade in
                      Hate the automobile buying process

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                        Am I being unreasonable, after driving one empty and on flat ground
                        I really liked it, they didn’t have the trim package I want they only have king ranch—platinum ( can order a XLT), And I asked them if we could do a 2nd test drive west on I-10 Up the three 5-7% grade hills possibly with my scaled trailer ( 10,300 lbs scale ticket) Before laying down $50,000
                        The sales manager was thinking that was maybe pushing liability issues
                        Salesman was 100% ready , finance manager wasn’t happy with me wanting to not do a trade in
                        Hate the automobile buying process
                        If you're looking for an F-250 near San Antonio there are quite a few XLTs from a quick search I did. For just over $50k you should be able to get an XLT Tremor if you shop around enough. When I was looking I saw several in the $52k range.

Last edited by stxhunter; 08-21-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Road test

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                          If you're looking for an F-250 near San Antonio there are quite a few XLTs from a quick search I did. For just over $50k you should be able to get an XLT Tremor if you shop around enough. When I was looking I saw several in the $52k range.

https://www.southwayford.com/new-San...7W2BN0LED93359
                          Thanks, I picked that dealership because they have the open highway with the hill grades I want to test drive on EDD (every day drive)

Comment

Call and search on Cook Ford in Texas City, that is where I bought my 2020 F350 with the 7.3. BUT with a long bed.

Ask for Ed Tinnin, "Special Ed". Tell him Doug Johnson sent you.

Worked the deal via phone and text and spent less than an hour in the dealership getting things done. Truck was ready and I was gone. Love the truck! Enjoyed working with Ed and Tina (the finance lady). Nothing other than what was decided on the phone when I got there, a no pressure sale to me.

Found this truck on Auto Trader they had listed and bought it, NEW! Less than 10 miles on it when I drove off the lot!

Comment

Mine is at the dealership. I’ll prob pick up Monday or Tuesday. I’ll report my thoughts and some pics

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                                What did you end up paying?
                                $64K plus TTL. That's with my $2k PCO that came in the mail a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X