X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most items, it won't come back down entirely

Comment

Lumber Prices

It’s just like it always has been, any reason to rape the customer and they’ll jump on it.
      I’m building a new house and finally stopped and decided I’ll wait till it goes back down. OSB has doubled in price in my area in the last three months.
      The sad part is...the lumber quality is terrible. I would have culled all of it back in the 70s-80s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Buckshot4900; 09-04-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Had a delivery for my spec house this morning. Anybody want to guess the price of the wood in the red square for fun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lumber Prices

Originally posted by Redlegwar View Post
          Had a delivery for my spec house this morning. Anybody want to guess the price of the wood in the red square for fun?

$2800

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
            $2000

I wish.higher....

Comment

Not sure what is bundled up, but my guess would be close to $5k

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's definitely happening-- when I framed my casita in June studs were like $2.75. Over $5 pushing $6 now.
                Widely reported lumber price spikes of over 100%.

Comment

I priced out every little piece for building a deck using pressure treated on Dec 19, 2019. I just redid the pricing and it was all at least twice the price, some approaching 3x. This is at the point of "gouging" and "national interest". Write your lawmakers. Lumber is critical to a large amount of industry...

Comment

It’s just like it always has been, any reason to rape the customer and they’ll jump on it.
                    It must suck to see the world through those s**t colored lenses... jeez.
                    It's supply and demand... aka capitalism.

Comment

If the intent is to slow down building I am happy to oblige. Wife and I put our 1,600 LF of fence and my 40x40 outbuilding on hold indefinitely.

I'm just not willing to pay double and then face off with the tax man every year only to get low balled by potential buyers when it's time to sell it. If the hogs get me at least I got a tractor to repair it while I wait for prices to come back down.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't have much to add to the conversation but lumber is the highest its ever been. For those that have said they have not seen much of an increase you should buy as much as you can and you can resell it for a fortune. I assure you the retailers are not making any money at this point, every sheet they sell for $20 will cost them $21 to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by Redlegwar View Post
                          I wish.higher....

Siding and cornice $6,200.00!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            It must suck to see the world through those s**t colored lenses... jeez.
                            It's supply and demand... aka capitalism.

I’m about the most positive thinking, optimistic man you’ll ever meet, but, I’m telling you how it is. I have relative in Mississippi that cut and haul timber and one that works in the mill in Alabama so I know a little about the system from the tree to the local building supply and the consumer is getting tattooed with a rusty needle right now.

Comment

I’m about the most positive thinking, optimistic man you’ll ever meet, but, I’m telling you how it is. I have relative in Mississippi that cut and haul timber and one that works in the mill in Alabama so I know a little about the system from the tree to the local building supply and the consumer is getting tattooed with a rusty needle right now.

You can say that again!

Comment

Can I get an amen!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X