No announcement yet.

Lumber Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****...all my shop shelving projects and work/archery bench build just went on hold after seeing 2x4 studs jump to $5.98....I paid $3.10 in April when I started the other side. Wish I would have bought it all then. 15/32" plywood sheathing at $32 a sheet? son of a .....

I hope yall are right about it going down at the end of the year. I was waiting to get these bigger things done while it was cool and not 100 degree temps.

Comment

If anyone is looking for some 2" thick live edge cedar boards let me know. Most are 8' (cut a bit long) and between 12" - 17"

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
        I should be framing in a couple months. Talk about bad timing.
        We are waiting until next year for our build, just to see what it does. Probably looking at an extra $15-20k at today’s prices.

Comment

I'm planning to build a house with concrete walls so this won't hurt me as bad but I was gonna have a 30x40 open air patio under it so that would get me. This is in January. Maybe lumber will go down by then and no more hurricanes.

Comment

2x4x96 at $5.98 at HD this morning.
            $2.46 in May
            That’s 143%

Interesting to hear that there’s a glut of raw material. That’s good— prices should come down when the mills catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              2x4x96 at $5.98 at HD this morning.
              $2.46 in May
              That’s 143%

Interesting to hear that there’s a glut of raw material. That’s good— prices should come down when the mills catch up.
              Heard from a friend in new construction home sales that the lumber index is gearing up to plummet. He says all will be back to normal by February 2021. Anything back within 10-15% of where we were in March is good with me

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                Heard from a friend in new construction home sales that the lumber index is gearing up to plummet. He says all will be back to normal by February 2021. Anything back within 10-15% of where we were in March is good with me

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Got my fingers crossed. Getting ready to build a new house and hoping to avoid overpaying for lumber.

Comment

Feb is not soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Got my fingers crossed. Getting ready to build a new house and hoping to avoid overpaying for lumber.
                    Same here!

Comment

Working...
                    X