No announcement yet.

Lumber Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t forget the fact the govt. has been printing money and making in rain for 3 months now with no end in site.

Inflation is going to catch up with everyone soon, and affect those that don’t need It the most right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Yep Lumber and material prices are up around 30% around here. Also, get ready to wait 2-3 months to get appliances for your new home. Certain things are very difficult to get right now.
      ...and tile, and fireplace units, and a/c units, and brick, and it will be more and more in the coming weeks / months....

Comment

I think prices are up everywhere. I picked up lumber for a project yesterday. Didn't ask for the price until I got to the cashier. I thought she rang something up wrong. Lumber is up 150% from where it was a year ago. I'm sure the blame is on covid one way or another. It does make a person think about skipping projects.

Comment

I'm an Electrical Contractor. Supply house told me yesterday to get ready for a 15-20 price increase on wire and PVC. Already having trouble getting panels and breakers.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great. Oh joy. I’m in early stages of a build.

Comment

Prices are way up. We have been told by some suppliers it's because Lowe's and Home Depot bought up a TON of wood the first few months of the shut down, gambling on people doing home improvements and stuff.

Comment

Minimum of 30% increase treated lumber and forget about finding cedar pickets

Comment

I guess if you are a builder that only builds by the "cost plus" method, you hit a home run.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    Our lumber yard said if he was going to build he would wait until after the 1st of the year but we've already gotten our loan and are about ready to pour our slab. We are getting two other quotes to see if they can beat that price and we'll have to make a decision.
                    That slab will only cure more sitting there so if you can, hold off.

Comment

I notice this also. I built a 6x6 blind in May and another one in August. The 2nd blind almost cost me double the money, and had to hit several stores just to find commonly used lumber

Comment

I work for an OSB manufacturer and the price right now is at record highs. Not really sure what is fueling this unless it is because business owners are buying it as fast as they can get it to board up their business to keep the "peaceful protestors" from breaking out all the window to loot them.

Comment

We started building our house in June, and lumber prices jumped around $10,000 I believe as well. Definitely not a good way to start off the building process, but oh well.

Comment

I buy or try to buy lumber everyday. Prices are setting records even week. Prices have nearly doubled on most items over the last 3 months. Treaters are having trouble getting chemicals and lumber. Mills have struggled with production due to covid. Throw little supply into high demand and it has crazy.

Comment

Lumber has sky rocketed. I'm building a house right now, so it's been quite a process.

When my builder estimated the build back in the first of the year, the cost of 3/8 OSB was 7.25 a sheet. It was 16.50 a sheet as of a week ago. Crazy.

Comment

OSB and plywood often come from overseas. Any timber guys getting more per ton on their timber?

Comment

Working...
                                X