Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    That is only one type of "rapid" test. Abbott labs has a totally different type of test that takes a small sample and puts it through a special analyzer they recently developed and results are back in 15 minutes... There are some facilities offering these tests too. At first, first responders and medical care personnel were tested when the test became available. Abbott labs donated a bunch of the machines for this purpose... Haven't heard much about it in the news lately though, but a month or so back, it was supposed to revolutionize the testing of the Kung-Flu.
    This is the antigen test. Pcr results can be obtained in 1 hr which is pretty rapid. Im actually in the process of buying 3 PCR testing machines from cepheid for my company right now.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Charlie, how is your wife doing?
      Other than no taste/smell senses, she's feeling fine... appointment Friday with Dr. for test and return to work interviews with HR and hospital medical advisory board... Thanks Jeff for asking... I'm trying to keep the thread updated.

Comment

Other than no taste/smell senses, she's feeling fine... appointment Friday with Dr. for test and return to work interviews with HR and hospital medical advisory board... Thanks Jeff for asking... I'm trying to keep the thread updated.
        Glad to hear she is ok. Hopefully her senses come back. Our friend is on week 3 or 4 post covid and she still does not have any smell or taste.

Comment

That is only one type of "rapid" test. Abbott labs has a totally different type of test that takes a small sample and puts it through a special analyzer they recently developed and results are back in 15 minutes... There are some facilities offering these tests too. At first, first responders and medical care personnel were tested when the test became available. Abbott labs donated a bunch of the machines for this purpose... Haven't heard much about it in the news lately though, but a month or so back, it was supposed to revolutionize the testing of the Kung-Flu.
          Interesting. As far as getting a nose swab, is there any real difference in the accuracy of the results at a facility that gives same day results vs. a facility (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) that sends the swabs off site to get tested? I've heard different answers on this, but like I said, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
            Glad to hear she is ok. Hopefully her senses come back. Our friend is on week 3 or 4 post covid and she still does not have any smell or taste.
            That sucks. I've only had no taste or smell since last Thursday, and it's already annoying the hell out of me .

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
              Originally posted by JMKro View Post
              That sucks. I've only had no taste or smell since last Thursday, and it's already annoying the hell out of me .

Yea, mamma ain't gonna be a happy camper if this is the case...

Comment

Josh get on the quinine and zinc regimen now anyway. It will help with your symptoms. Tylenol for the fever. Since you're experiencing shortness of breath, you might consider the inhaled Budesonide treatment too. (see Covid Silver Bullet thread). Don't wait. Start attacking the symptoms now. The reason so many folks are getting so sick is Dr.'s and hospitals/clinics are not treating the early symptoms... That's stupid!! Every other disease known to man is treated early as possible to keep it from progressing. This is a political disease so they are telling us to get sick enough to come to the hospital first!! How dang dumb is that?!!
                Prayers for you Josh and for your kids n wife that they don't get sick!
                Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                Praying for strength, comfort, and complete and supernatural healing for whatever is ailing you. Praying all this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen
                Thanks. Hopefully my test is negative. I feel like I've been run over by a truck right now. I know that these symptoms jumped on me fast.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                  He never did
                  So was he tested after he passed away?

Comment

The wife and I finally were able to get tested today. Doc said she's got pnemonia with 102 fever. She got prescribed azithromycin and dexamethason. Her oxygen at about 94. Doc said they're getting results back within a few days.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Well... People are wanting answers sooner rather than later since my test yesterday is saying 4-7 days for results, so now I’m scheduled for a 3rd testing today (rapid test). Fun.
                      Negative test yesterday. So I’m 2-2 negative with a 3rd one pending from Monday.

Side note, the rapid test is so much more freaking better lol Not from a statistics standpoint but from a uncomfortable standpoint. They just swab the nostrils and not the bottom of your dang brain like the normal test...

Comment

Just got my results from my test earlier and I'm positive. Symptoms feel a lot like I'm getting the flu. Well this sucks...

Edit: just reached out to several people I've been in contact with over the last few days. Turns out our realtor now is really sick and thinks she has strep or covid. We were around her Monday for the home inspection on the house we are buying.
                        Last edited by Pineywoods; 07-08-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                          The wife and I finally were able to get tested today. Doc said she's got pnemonia with 102 fever. She got prescribed azithromycin and dexamethason. Her oxygen at about 94. Doc said they're getting results back within a few days.

I think I have Pnemonia as well. I had white spots on my lungs that said was consistent with covid. But the 2 negative tests, they said it wasn't covid. So only thing I can think of is Pnemonia. I haven't had an upper respiratory infection this bad ever if it is one.

Comment

I wish more news outlets would report COVID stats in this manner.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5385.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	24623910

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by The Crippler; 07-08-2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759
                              I don't know about how the rest if you all feel but with this crap affecting many of our us and our loved ones, I want big-time payback against the ****ing communist pinko chinks.

I hear tell nuclear fission or fusion kills the rona... might take out the original source and stop it...

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                                I wish more news outlets would report COVID stats in this manner.
                                [ATTACH]1009979[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facts, just the facts!!!!! What a relief it would be to see such plain and simple reporting.

Comment

Working...
                                X