Best thing for severe sunburn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    What does your doctor say for you to do?
    I don't have one but he'd probably say wear sun screen next time. I don't think there's much they can do for me at this point.

Anytime I get advice from a guy in a white coat he either tells me what I already know or they just make things up. Either way it ends up costing me a lot of money. I figure I'm just as well off listening to people that have had bad sun burns or burns in general.

Comment

Update.....trying to lay down and get some sleep when one of my dogs decided to jump on me. Raked his claws down my arm. There is yellow stuff running out of my arm every which way. This could slow down the healing process a tad bit. Yay! Can't wait to see what happens next. Can't beat a deal like that. I just love when dogs jump on festering wounds. Boy we're sure having fun with this now by gosh. Gee whiz,golly gee Wally. Shucks.

If you've never had an experience like this I highly suggest you just don't. As mentioned in this thread numerous times, wear sun screen. For the love of all things Holy, wear sun screen. You won't regret it.
      Last edited by okrattler; 06-01-2020, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        I don't have one but he'd probably say wear sun screen next time. I don't think there's much they can do for me at this point.

Anytime I get advice from a guy in a white coat he either tells me what I already know or they just make things up. Either way it ends up costing me a lot of money. I figure I'm just as well off listening to people that have had bad sun burns or burns in general.

Wear sunscreen, or a shirt. I’ll take my white coat off now...

Aren’t you the guy who catches snakes?[emoji23]

2nd degree is not play time, seriously, get some cheap fishing shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Wear sunscreen, or a shirt. I’ll take my white coat off now...

Aren’t you the guy who catches snakes?[emoji23]

2nd degree is not play time, seriously, get some cheap fishing shirts.

I am that guy. I guess that shows right off the bat that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Arms covered or sun screen from here on out. I'm not gonna make this mistake twice. It's a little late for it now but better late than never I suppose. May save me from some skin cancer later on. If this here incident didn't get it done already.

Comment

Melanoma is not to be messed with. Big hat, arms covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
              Several years ago I was welding on a trailer and went to stand up, lost my balance and fell against the spot I had just welded. It hit on the meaty spot just slow my elbow and burned me really bad. The Dr persceibed me some silvadine and I was good to go in 4 or 5 days! I kept it around for a long time and used or when needed but finally ran out of it.
              I did something similar years ago. Brazed a copper line on A/C a few seconds after I finished started wiring it up and accidentally bumped up against it. They gave me silvadine and it helped. Surprisingly I can’t even see were it burned me now.

Comment

Aloe Vera and Silvadene cream of blister pop

Comment

Just following up to see how your sunburn is doing. Curious to know if you tried any of the "nickel's worth of free advice" you received from the green screen; what worked, what didn't. All in the interest of medical research, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    Just following up to see how your sunburn is doing. Curious to know if you tried any of the "nickel's worth of free advice" you received from the green screen; what worked, what didn't. All in the interest of medical research, of course.
                    Same , we always use foille spray
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      Can you get Solarcaine at the grocery store? I gotta get me some of that stuff ASAP.
                      HEB has it. Not sure about other stores.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        I tried several different things. Some stuff other people had which was basically the same as a lot of the products mentioned. Some of it burnt like heck and I decided that probably wasn't the best thing so I stuck with antibiotic cream,moisturizing cream,aloe vera (the kind without the numbing stuff in it),vaseline and I'll take an ibuprofen every now and then. A mixture of stuff basically but I've been sticking with those. It looks bad still but it's not as bad and it doesn't hurt near as bad as it did. Just where the dog ripped the blisters off and when the skin dries it splits which kinda hurts but for the most part it's not too bad.

Comment

So glad to hear you’re doing better!

Comment

I will tell you what worked for my father. Back in the 70's he fried his ankles at Port A. An old fellow at Belcher's told him to put plain yogurt on them. It was near instant relief. I am not recommending you do this. Just passing along my dad's experience. My advise would be to seek medical treatment to help avoid an infection.

Comment

My dermatologist recommends aquaphor for burns, I’ve had real good results with it. It feels a lot like vasoline but it is water based and more easily absorbed by your skin than petroleum based vasoline.

Comment

Mr recommendation is that you start drinking heavily.

Comment

Working...
                                X