Best thing for severe sunburn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    It looks way worse than it did when I took this picture.
    That's friggin gross!! Wear sleeves next time bro. Trust me I've learned my lesson

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
      Okay. I'm not interested in debating it with you. But I do know what I'm talking about. Assuming an adult has no contraindication to taking motrin and is not already on another NSAID, if they were to take 800 mg prior to sun exposure, their degree of sunburn would be significantly less than if they were to not take an NSAID. Depending on the duration of exposure, they might not burn, at all. That is science. Might even decrease their likelihood of cancer. Moving on....

Can you provide some links to this? I’m genuinely interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I burned the top of my feet bad last weekend in a Kayak. No shoes, bad move.
        They were so swelled up it was hard to wear shoes for a few days, today they just started peeling, it's that new skin underneath that is sensitive, looks like you burned that new raw skin....oouch!

Comment

After years as a kid out in the sun it is catching up with me. Having to use a cream on my hands and arms that kills (supposedly) mild cancers and pre-cancers. Be careful in the sun
          Attached Files

Comment

A big sweaty woman... I left out an adjective cuz it’s bad times. You’ll make it

Comment

There's no flexing with this burn man. My skin already feels like it's splitting. The less movement my arms do the better off I am.

Bending my arm is fine. Flexing.....I'm iffy on that. Those bubbles could break I feel like.
              Man that looks painful

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Can you provide some links to this? I’m genuinely interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Just google NSAIDS and sunburns. You can also do your own self-trial.

Comment

Aquaphor.

Never purchased or used the product until 1st son was born. It's our answer to every issue requiring skin irritation relief. I don't know what ingredient is in it that isn't listed, but it works on everything that irritates skin.

Comment

No help, but after being burned to blisters before I try to make sure to wear a shirt and use lotion if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No help for this burn but try not to let it happen again. I'm knocking on 60 & have to go to the dermatologist every 6 months for too much sun in my younger days. Two surgeries. Cut the end of my nose off & rebuilt it with part of my ear. Big chunk out of right shoulder. Multiple nitrogen burns. I wish sunscreen and sun damage education was pushed back then as much as it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Man that looks painful

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                        I must admit it's pretty painful. I've just kind of accepted that there's not much I can do about it. It's gonna hurt until it feels better.lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          I recently had a 2nd degree burn on my face. Doctor told me to bathe it with 50/50 water and distilled vinegar. This, ibuprofen (not Tylenol...it's not anti-inflammatory), and a couple of cocktails before bed worked miracles in terms of taking the heat out of the burn. Didn't sting like I thought it would, just brought instant relief. Fine lines and wrinkles are gone, too.

I also like a previous post recommending you add vinegar to bath water and bathe in it. Best way to get an all-over application.
                          I'm thinking about going this route to give it a try. But I may soak a wash cloth in the water/vinegar and put it on my arms and just let it sit there for about 30 minutes or so.

Comment

Looks painful!

Comment

So would letting it dry be the best thing for it or do I need to put anti-burn stuff on it? That's keeping my skin moist and besides that it hurts like hell when I put stuff on it.
                              What does your doctor say for you to do?

Comment

I'm thinking about going this route to give it a try. But I may soak a wash cloth in the water/vinegar and put it on my arms and just let it sit there for about 30 minutes or so.
                                This should work, too.

I also recommend keeping your burns covered with Vaseline (petroleum jelly) as a medical barrier cream. It will help prevent infection, mitigate scabbing, minimize scarring, and your burns will heal faster. Avoid anything that is not 100% petroleum jelly (i.e. Vaseline).

Comment

Working...
                                X