No announcement yet.

What pellet grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freight company should be delivering the rec tec today by 5:30. Plan on getting put together and burn in for hour and then season it. Saturday is cook sausage, chicken and then put the brisket on about 8pm and go low and slow for Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
      Freight company should be delivering the rec tec today by 5:30. Plan on getting put together and burn in for hour and then season it. Saturday is cook sausage, chicken and then put the brisket on about 8pm and go low and slow for Sunday.
      I put my first Rec Tec brisket on at 8 pm on a Saturday night as well. I set it on "extreme smoke"/180°. It took 8 hours to hit the stall and I wrapped and cranked the heat up. Mine hit 205° internal temp after 12 hours or about 1.5 hrs. per lb. Just a reference.

Comment

Has anyone just gone all in and spent the coin for a Memphis Grill Elite or something like that? Curious about the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
          I put my first Rec Tec brisket on at 8 pm on a Saturday night as well. I set it on "extreme smoke"/180°. It took 8 hours to hit the stall and I wrapped and cranked the heat up. Mine hit 205° internal temp after 12 hours or about 1.5 hrs. per lb. Just a reference.
          Thanks, delivery was 3 hrs late so will season in the morning. Plan to be close to what you did, on another how do you store your pellets? Buckets or totes?
          TIA

Comment

I’m looking hard at a Yoder. Anybody have experience with them? I want it to last. My treager is pretty worn out after 4-5 years. It doesn’t get near hot enough

Comment

I’ve got a Pit Boss and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
                Thanks, delivery was 3 hrs late so will season in the morning. Plan to be close to what you did, on another how do you store your pellets? Buckets or totes?
                TIA
                I have only used one bag so far. I filled the hopper with 30 lbs. and left the rest in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  I’m looking hard at a Yoder. Anybody have experience with them? I want it to last. My treager is pretty worn out after 4-5 years. It doesn’t get near hot enough

Check out the Smoke daddy pits. They are nice, but I can’t make myself drop that coin on it.

Comment

I've never had a grill last more than 5 years before rusting/rotting out. Should I expect my pellet smoker to do the same thing? And no, I don't clean it like I should.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                      I've never had a grill last more than 5 years before rusting/rotting out. Should I expect my pellet smoker to do the same thing? And no, I don't clean it like I should.

In theory no because the heat and ash is contained to the hot pot. I imagine the cheaper ones will have the hot pot fail or the electronics go out before the body goes bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If I won’t get more than 5 years out of a Yoder, I’m not buying one

Comment

An 18.27 lb brisket before I trimmed the cap. Probably got about 2 lbs off the cap and what’s pictured is roughly half of the meat.

I’m definitely a fan of my Pit Boss 1000SC2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought a small Traeger at Costco. I assembled it and saw it was dented. Returned it assembled for a refund.

Bought my second at a ACE hardware sale that included free home delivery. The guy locked his keys in his pickup in our driveway.

I assembled it- the heater was bad out of the box. Traeger sent me a whole new control unit- motor, electronics, screw drive. Instead of a heater. In the factory’s shipping box it was made in China, with english and chinese lettering.

I installed it and it worked. I kept trying to return it and they were completely screwed up. I finally got a manager and said ‘why don’t we just forget it and I’ll keep it for spare parts when it breaks again?’. He said yes, keep it.

A month later they contacted me to return it. I said it’s mine.

I’ve cooked 3 briskets in it (were rubbery) and 1 turkey (ok but nothing fantastic). That’s in 6 months. When we get into our retirement house this summer I’m going to figure out how to make sone of the food people rave about.

Comment

I picked up a used but in good shape Pitts and Spitts 850 for $1,000. It is a Cadillac and weights 225# empty. Fully welded 7 and 10 gauge steel with no stamping, spot welds, or rivets. Search the used market, there is a Pitts and Spitts pellet grill group on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by katyhighpockets View Post
                                I have had 2 traeger and won’t own another one
                                Quality has gone down
                                Just bought a camp chef that I am most impressed with
                                What camp chef did you get? It’s the one I’m leaning toward.

Comment

Working...
                                X