Travel Trailer experts - show me the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jayco Whitehawk 24MBH

Two full size bunks and queen bed. Slide out. Outside kitchen. Half ton towable.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
      I found a good deal on a 2019 Keystone Passport 23’ unit. Looked almost new in the inside and about 5k off the price of a new one.

This one doesn’t have slides but has the full sized bunks and is the aluminum frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Great looking unit.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Trailer set up. Pool deck complete

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

Trailer set up. Pool deck complete

That’s the set up right there man, I like the views. Congrats on the camper buy

Comment

Pool deck is awesome!

Comment

Glad you found what you need. First rule of the RV world: stay away from Camping World!

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                  Glad you found what you need. First rule of the RV world: stay away from Camping World!
                  Truth!

Comment

Very nice set up! We have a "pool" just like y'all!

Comment

How did you make that pool? I assume wire mesh and cement but did you make the forms or buy them?

Comment

Travel Trailer experts - show me the way

The concrete windmill pila was already there.

I just built a 6x8 deck around the edge of it - and tossed a chlorine float dispenser in the tank to kill the algae.

I set 4x4s in concrete at my house beforehand to make assembling at the ranch easier. Same process if I am building a duck blind.

Comment

Did you buy used from a dealer? How was that experience? Did they work down from the advertised price any?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Did you buy used from a dealer? How was that experience? Did they work down from the advertised price any?
                            This may sound stupid but this is now I have bought each of mine.

List price/2

Then add $100 for tittle
                            Then add sales tax

Take the total number and multiple it by 1.09
                            Thats my starting number.

I figure list/2 gets me close to cost. title and tax. Then the 9% is profit for the salesman.

I have bought cars, rvs, boats etc. using this method. I feel it gets close and most of the time they laugh and say no way they will take that deal.
                            Then they always do.
                            If they are punks I drop the 9% and start there.

Comment

Congrats on the trailer. The smile on the kids faces is priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I bought it from the dealership from Sweetwater. Good experience - they delivered it to the lease for me.

It was listed at 17900. I wrote a check for 16500, that included delivery.

The sales guy told me they made about $500 on the unit, but who knows...

From the month long process of looking, I really do think all the used units are mostly close to their blue book value, but the ones that are not "lived in", sell fairly quickly. The beat up stuff just sits around until the price drops way down. You need a sales guy at several dealerships looking out for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X