Fair Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pope View Post
    I don’t know. 84 was my introduction to VH. I was 10 and first impressions last. 80s mainstream, glam rock was mostly garbage, but VH had really talent. Far above par for the decade.
    Apparently you don't know **** about 80s heavy metal. The best music in history came from the 80s and it wasn't Van Halen. I like Van Halen though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always listened to those that had a preference between David or Sammy for one reason or another. Seems those that didn't really experience the earlier years with David had very little connections with the evolution of the band and automatically gravitated to Sammy. I remembered opening up Diver Down in vinyl as a birthday gift a the roller rink like yesterday in 4th grade (1982ish). My first experience with VH besides my older sister listening to Jamie's Cryin possibly. Quickly caught up with I,II, Women & Children..... from there. I also remember feeling cheated when Sammy took the lead and figured they would never recover. Looking back it was the best thing that possibly could have happened combining two totally different leads that in my opinion allowed the band evolve. Looking back, Roth is a total head case while Sammy is a bad@@s.

Thanks to the OP for a memory.....Fair Warning was underrated.

Comment

Mean Street, Dirty Movies, Hear About It Later and Unchained are awesome!

1984 not a good album? You kidding me?

Panama, Top Jimmy, Drop Dead Legs, Hot For Teacher, Girl Gone Bad and House of Pain! A lot of awesome guitar riffs scattered throughout all of those songs. If you think it's a bad album you got to go listen again. Got to see beyond Jump.

Comment

Comment

Best album ever

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              Too much lovey dovey synth crap. I'm going to put your age at approx. 40

Because DLR was not into the ladies. lol

Comment

Ear buds in and away we go!!!

Comment

A David Lee Roth led Van Halen was better than Van Hagar, but Van Hagar wasn't something to spit on, however you knew it was the beginning of the end. It was kinda like Christie Brinkley or Brooke Sheilds, just depends on whats your flavor.
                  EVH wasn't just a guitarist. He was also a professional piano player as a child, which maybe where the introduction to keyboards come from.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Ear buds in and away we go!!!

I’ve made it through the first four albums!!
                    All these guys sing about is love & ladies!!

Comment

The first time I saw them nobody knew who they were, they opened the Texas Jam at noon in the Cotton Bowl, by the next year they were pretty much headlining, blew up fast. They are a gateway band leading straight to Slayer

Comment

Thanks for bringing this up Clark. Im outta the loop on the old school VH albums...time to invest.

Comment

I’ve rediscovered Diver Diwn because of this thread. What a great album!

Comment

I'm not sure what made this thread re-surface, but I appreciate it! I got the classic rock bug from my Dad, so I really enjoy listening to this stuff, even though it was before my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                              I'm not sure what made this thread re-surface, but I appreciate it! I got the classic rock bug from my Dad, so I really enjoy listening to this stuff, even though it was before my time.
                              Their first album is awesome all the way through!

Comment

Fair Warning

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                The worst music in history came from the 80s and it wasn't Van Halen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                FIFY[emoji6]

Music is absolutely subjective and here’s my take.

The musical $#!¥-show started in about ‘75. Disco right through Arrowsmith’s Pink fiasco is a blight on America’s musical history.

There were a few gems in that era but, on the whole, it was an auditory disaster.

Allman Brothers’ At Filmore East and Little Feat’s Waiting for Columbus are, in my personal opinion, two of the greatest albums ever recorded.

Edited to agree that Fair Warning is a great album.[emoji51]
                                Last edited by bpa556; 05-19-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X