Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by low fence View Post
    try this one:

Shove a carp in a javelina. Wrap in foil and light smoker with old tire and 3 gallons of diesel. Cook until grill melts. Go to taco bell and eat
    That’s funny!

Comment

I've never tried this recipe but I've liked everything I've tried from Hank Shaw so I'd give it a shot
      An excellent carp recipe: Sichuan crispy fried carp. You don't have to use carp - any small whole fish will do - but this is great with carp.

When I lived in East Texas we'd catch em all the time. There was an Asian couple in our apartment complex that always wanted them, the wife would steam them until scoop the meat out with a spoon and would make fish patties/balls and pan fry those, it was dang good

Comment

Thanks for bringing this up Rattler. Ive got some carp I need to shoot and was simply gonna chop up for dog food.

Thanks for the link Hooligan.

Comment

Growing up I had a neighbor that smoked carp. I don't know the recipe but it was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
            Please spare us the old "throw the carp out and eat the wood plank" crap. Kinda got old 10 years ago.

Anyway some people pressure cook them into patties.
            Why are you so daamn difficult?

Comment

Dr. Gary Scwartz (before he was a doctor) I was a little kid, showed me how to catch them and eat them, seems like 2 lifetimes ago. Seems like I remember trying to bleed them out?

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                Dr. Gary Scwartz (before he was a doctor) I was a little kid, showed me how to catch them and eat them, seems like 2 lifetimes ago. Seems like I remember trying to bleed them out?
                Yeah a lot of what I've seen and read about it they say to stun the fish and cut it's tail off or cut the gills to bleed them out. It helps with the taste apparently.

Comment

I would have to get mighty hungry to eat carp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I was starving?.....for sure. Since I'm not, no way in hell.. That should leave more for those who do.

And yes I have eaten gaspergoo mixed in with white bass and couldn't tell the difference. It's a white drum....not much different than a red or black drum.....just doesn't carry the saltwater cool club aura....

Last edited by Smart; 04-28-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

After seeing the title of this thread I knew it would bring some great responses

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                        Please spare us the old "throw the carp out and eat the wood plank" crap. Kinda got old 10 years ago.

Anyway some people pressure cook them into patties.

Man you are cranky! I love plank!

Comment

A buddy of mine has a ranch in Hamilton on the Leon river that has a dam on the river. When I was going to school in Tarleton we spent a lot of time down there. We had a good time bowfishing and fighting them on poles with homemade doughbait (biscuit dough & a packet of red koolaid). I wish I could remember how they cut the filets, but seems like we cut in small pieces and basically kinda overcooked them when frying because they have a bunch of small bones. Overcooking it makes them soft. Buffalo ribs were also on the menu which provided a bigger piece of meat. I preferred the big yellows that we pulled out of that pool below the dam to the trash fish, but when you drank enough beer it wasn't that bad, lol.

Comment

One of my buddies ate it once and he can't remember how it was cooked but he compared the taste to salmon.

Comment

This thread made me realize that I’m a lot better fisherman than most people.[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                This thread made me realize that I’m a lot better fisherman than most people.[emoji23][emoji23]

Everyone's a better fisherman than I am. I rarely fish with a rod and reel. All of my buddies like to do the catch and release thing with a rod and reel but I'd rather shoot fish with a bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X