How would you handle facing certain death? ☹️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark passed away Thursday evening.

God bless the entire Carriker family. May Mark rest in peace with our creator. He was a true inspiration in how he faced this situation from the very beginning. Prayers for his wife, 2 babies and the entire family.

Comment

Up

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Condolences from the McCarty family.

Comment

So sorry. Prayers for his wife and kids.

Comment

I will look it right in the eye and say let’s go.

My condolences for your friend, Joel.

Comment

Prayers sent.

As I was reading this thread I thought about several of our members, two being JP and Double Bogey. There are others.

If you go into the woods and don’t walk back out it can be natural. We had a forester who was cruising some land with a close friend. I guess the owner was getting two cruises for a division or something. His friend did not show up at the agreed spot for lunch our guy went to find him. There he was, where he had died, sitting against a tree on the road, where he could be seen. He had his tally book out, facing some beautiful mixed timber and a little note to him. Not the worst way to go out.

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Honestly if I was facing certain death, I would be proud to say I faced it like one of our own, JP Bruni, did. If I ever face that situation he will be my inspiration.
                Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                Everyone thinks they will live a long life and die at an advanced age. Well, it doesn't always work out that way. I will be 64 next month, and i am 4 years into a 2 to 10 year prognosis. At this time, i fell like 2 to 10 years from today is more like it. As long as i can maintain some quality of life, i would just as soon continue on with it. Don't believe i will take that walk into the woods, but when the time comes who knows how one would feel.
                I have always been of the opinion that suicide was not for me, but woe be it to those sob's who might be driving me there. And i am still of that opinion.
                Most of my regrets will be not seeing all of my grandchildren into adulthood. Spending lots of time with them and trying to influence their lives as much as i can. Sure do wish i would have had a reason to go in and have a ct, or scan, i had zero symptoms until i had back pain, from tumor on my spine. I have 2 friends who have the same thing, but had early diagnosis and are fine with only losing a kidney. Luck of the draw i guess.

Comment

Matt finally posted a video about his brother Mark’s passing. Sad deal all the way around. Cancer sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    First off, how does anybody get sinus cancer and what in the world would cause that?

Prayers up for your buddy.
                    Learn about Sinonasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma, including symptoms, causes, and treatments. If you or a loved one is affected by this condition, visit NORD

This is what my FIL had. Highly aggressive. Diagnosed in October, passed the first week of January. Took him from being a highly active 200 lb 68 year old to 150 lbs in that short time. Horrible to watch. First symptom was an eye that kept watering that he chalked up to allergies at first.

Comment

Prayers Up!!

Comment

I’m glad this ordeal is over for him and pray for healing for his family.

Comment

Working...
                        X