How would you handle facing certain death? ☹️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you handle facing certain death? ☹️

I have a small group of favorite YouTube channels I follow like I’m sure many of you do. LFG (LakeForkGuy), LunkersTV, Dale Brisby and Matt Carriker’s Demolition Ranch, Vet Ranch and OffTheranch are among my favorites.

Justin Rackley (LFG) actually seems to be doing well now after being diagnosed within a brain tumor and having major brain surgery a few years ago.

But this thread is about Matt Carriker’s (DemolitionRanch) younger brother Mark. Early in the fall of 2018, Mark was diagnosed with a very rare type of sinus cancer. After many surgeries and multiple, multiple treatments the cancer spread from his nasal cavity to his brain, chest and jaw. No conventional forms of treatment worked so they moved on to clinical trials and even experimental non-clinical testing treatment.

Mark is now fighting end stage cancer and recently made the decision to end all treatment and being palliative care, and later hospice. He is a husband with 2 small children. Please pray for Mark and his family. We ask God to ease his pain and welcome him home when the time is right. Mark is an incredible young man, and his strength and courage are inspiring to so many.

You can follow Mark on his YouTube (Homemade Everything) channel below for updates on his condition.
    Be forewarned...it is devastatingly heartbreaking. I personally don’t know how I could ever be as strong as this young man. I realize we are ALL facing certain death but I hope and pray God has different plans for me when it’s my time.

Homemade Everything
    Hello, My name is Mark and I like to build, create, and repair anything and everything. I work with wood, metal, and leather and am up for any challenge. Have something that you would like to see me fabricate from scratch??? BRING IT ON! Always comment on every video so that I know what you liked and disliked about it. Thanks for taking time out of your day to check out my channel. I do have an instagram account where i post teaser photos while working on projects: https://www.instagram.com/he.homemade.everything/?r=sun1 . HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY and build more thiiiiiings!

And instagram
    0 Followers, 13 Following, 373 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Mark Carriker (@homemade__everything)

love them dudes.. sad deal. prayers for Mark.

to answer your question: i don't think anyone can fully know how they will handle impending death. most importantly, making sure you and the man upstairs are straight. then, taking care of as many obstacles my family would face as possible.. ie, arrangements, wills, financials, etc.. lots of family time and prayer.
    Last edited by hully1029; 03-15-2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Depending on how bad things got I'd work as much as possible to pay for my own funeral. If it got real bad I may walk out,sit in my favorite huntin spot and never walk out again. If we're going to be honest about it.

Comment

Aww man hate to hear that.

Comment

Just remember. Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

Man, that’s a tough one. I hope and pray I would be able to act as normal and brave as possible for the sake of my children. And spend what time I have left with them, teaching the lessons I wanted them to learn from me.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Depending on how bad things got I'd work as much as possible to pay for my own funeral. If it got real bad I may walk out,sit in my favorite huntin spot and never walk out again. If we're going to be honest about it.
              Yep I thought about the same thing. I used to work in my local municipality in the birth and death certificates department. It was common to see someone terminally ill to not walkout out of the woods if you catch my drift... sad deal I don’t know how I would face it.

Comment

We are all facing certain death...it is how you live that matters.

Prayers for peace for the family

Comment

My father in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 100% terminal
                  He fallowed advice to just enjoy life, he didn’t freak out and died peaceful 6 months later

Comment

We are all facing certain death. Some of us just get a heads up of when it will approximately happen. Just making it through today isn’t promised to any of us. So live everyday making sure nothing goes unsaid that you want people to know. You may not get a chance to say it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife deals with death all the time, we talk a lot about it (even if I don’t want to) and he is handling it exactly like I would. I would want my last days to be comfortable and with my family. There is no right or wrong answer, however I have seen people who say they will fight till the very last and they are miserable and not at home.....

Comment

Watched it happen with my FIL a year ago. Leukemia. 4 months from official diagnosis to death. Healthy fit 61 yo man.

He tried to downplay the low odds and seriousness and ultimately it was about a 1 month period that the family had to come to terms.

Still don’t know the right way to say it or think about it, but I’ll say make absolute sure you take every opportunity to tell your family and people you love how much they matter. Miss him dearly.

F cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers Up.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think about this kinda stuff. I am aware that any day I could wake up and get bad news. My motto is live life to the fullest, and I will cross that bridge when I get there. I just hope that I get to live a full life in the meantime.

Comment

I did some work for a older gentleman and caused some damage to his shop and he refused to have us repair it or give him credit on the invoice for repairs. He had recently found out that he had only a few months to live and his words where “when you find out that you only have a certain amount of time to live, everything you always thought mattered, all the little things you stressed about stops mattering”

Comment

Working...
                              X