Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff JFT! Enjoyed that read. Felt like I was right there with you!

Any beard spur and weight measurements for us minions?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
      What a great morning to be out in the turkey woods. Haven't had a chance to hunt due to being essential but made a quick trip and punched my Eastern tag. It's a great day
      Beautiful bird! Congrats!

Great write-up Clay! Very cool story. Congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Good stuff JFT! Enjoyed that read. Felt like I was right there with you!

Any beard spur and weight measurements for us minions?
        Thanks Mr. Smart

You know me, that stuff isn't important...but he was a stud of a bird!

Long & skinny 10" beard
        20lbs on the nose
        1 5/16" hooks

Biologist tooth aged him at 4+ But seriously....prolly a 4 + year old bird

Comment

Incredible hunt and write up! Congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
            What did you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Ended up with a 3.25” Kingwood with Titanium over slate. After speaking with John and describing my main hunting area, this is what he suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              She's pretty....how does she sound?
              I’m no turkey expert, but it makes me want to strut!

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                What a great morning to be out in the turkey woods. Haven't had a chance to hunt due to being essential but made a quick trip and punched my Eastern tag. It's a great day
                Congrats!!! Easterns dropping like flies, you're up Aggie!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along! Congrats on an awesome hunt and tremendous accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great write up Clay! Heck of a Bird

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                      I'll be darned!

All that talk about Turkeys but I don't recall ever seeing you get one!!!!

j/k

Congrats man
                      He's killed a pile full

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

I’m finally starting to go through all the pictures....i took close to 300!

Advanced warning....I’ll prolly be posting several [emoji2]

Comment

Wow, heck of a story, and bird! Congrats on the special kill, that’s going to be a tough one to top.
                          I’m heading out tomorrow afternoon, have 2 work obligations, then I’m off. According to my dad, it’s been very slow. I hope that changes this weekend, no one has gone near my honey hole. I’ve got two small food plots in the pines that hold birds pretty regular, same place my pics came from.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                            I’m no turkey expert, but it makes me want to strut!

Hahaha

Comment

I appreciate the comments fellas! Nice write up Clay although I fell asleep reading it half way through. Did that map/suggestions come in handy at all? Yeah it was a drought for me on birds last year. I hope this pic passes muster . The last Eastern I shot was 2 years ago and called him in during a storm and he got wet. You said he was the ugliest turkey you have ever seen. I am trying to do better lol. Congrats again, sounds like a great hunt! I had 2 toms come in at 10a. Heard them gobbling about 100 yds off and I set up. I made a few calls and they never made a peep. Made a couple more and nothing. Figured I spooked them or they left with a hen. I waited a little more and hit the box once more. Gobbled immediately at about 50 yds and finally saw a fan through the woods. Marched right in slowly and then a second fan materialized behind the first. At one point the 2nd tom jumped up on a dead log and looked around and then jumped off and continued strutting in with the first. Came in to 18 yards and had to wait a few minutes for the 2 birds to separate and make sure I didn't get a stray pellet near the 2nd bird. I was pumped after all that. Wish I had it on video. My tactacam charging cord was missing last night . Such a great outing today bird or not. Makes the hectic aspects of life melt away for a few hours. Good luck to everyone the rest of the way and enjoy your time in the turkey fields/woods. Aggie B good luck and between me and Clay the Easterns still appear promising and very willing. Get a big one in RR co!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Attaboy!! Good thing your supercell didn't blow him out of there!

Congrats man!
                                Thank you sir! Bad storm just missed us to east last night. Incredible lighting show. Yeah no more public service announcements by me on weather for a while. Delkus was right on. He is a turkey hunter. I believe he hunts in Young co. Nice to be on the board again. Are you going to be able to get away for hunt before season end or are yall still on lockdown with this crap? Hope yall are doing better

Comment

Working...
                                X