X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    Calories in < Calories out....you’ll lose weight

It truly is as simple as this.
    I’ve tried them all(keto, Atkins, Mediterranean, paleo, intermittent fasting, etc...) and a vast caloric deficit, while not easy, has made the weight fall off me! And In all the right places too.
    It’s more of a lifestyle change, and I can still eat whatever I want, just in smaller quantities.

Comment

Fiber....
      Even can get the fiber gummies from cvs
      Helps digestion and will make you feel fuller. Just be sure to drink lots of water so you dont get backed up!

Comment

You probably wont like my answer but I only eat once a day and then when I do I eat I eat these delivered meals.

Evolve Chef, formerly Eat to Evolve: Where Food Science Meets Meal Delivery. Order fresh, never frozen meals delivered to all 50 states. Zero prep time. Satisfaction guaranteed. Personalize your meal delivery today!

Comment

Remember, lots of the “healthy food” listed can still be loaded up with fat that isn’t doing you any good if you don’t burn it. I’ve seen almonds and avocado listed several times and while great for you they need to be consumed in limited amounts. Eating fewer times a day is not healthy as it teaches your body to store instead of burn.

Comment

It’s a whole lot easier if you can get some other guys on board. I’ve finally got two more younger guys at my station and we’re able to eat healthier, and the others are starting to catch one. I’m good with not snacking during the day, my problem is avoiding the kitchen after a middle of the night call. The snacks always call my name after midnight.

Comment

Even with all the hard ranch work I’ve been used to doing, I still managed to put on weight. Partly due to stress from a non-typical ranch environment. Never tried to explain on here why so hostile. Not really worth it. But aside from the stress, I started eating lots of almonds and dried cherries for snacks. That seemed to help. You may need an exercise bike to sit on and pedal if there isn’t already one at your FD.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                Remember, lots of the “healthy food” listed can still be loaded up with fat that isn’t doing you any good if you don’t burn it. I’ve seen almonds and avocado listed several times and while great for you they need to be consumed in limited amounts. Eating fewer times a day is not healthy as it teaches your body to store instead of burn.
                Not long ago I would have agreed with you 100%. But I started researching the keto diet, and it's changing my mind. The latest science on ketosis and intermittent fasting is showing just the opposite of what we have always been taught, actually. I'm becoming more and more convinced our old ideas are wrong. Same goes for old ideas about cholesterol and statins, by the way. I've been researching that along with keto and IF, and the new science appears to turn all the old ideas on their heads as well.

I've been eating a keto diet since early December. 70-75% of the calories I'm eating every day come from fat. 20-25% protein, and about 5% carbs. I am eating 2,000 - 2,500 calories per day, split between lunch and supper. I'm not eating anything during the day other than those 2 meals, usually about 6 hours apart. So I'm going 18 hours every day without eating anything at all. I drink water, green tea, electrolyte water, etc. all day. I've lost right at 15 pounds. My workouts haven't changed at all. Only change is what I'm eating and when.

For the last several years before starting keto I've been eating 1,750 - 2,000 calories per day, consisting of 25-30% fat, 30-35% protein, and 35-40% carbs (whole grains, veggies, etc - little to no junk food/sugar). I was eating breakfast, lunch and supper along with snacks at 10am and 3pm (protein bars usually). The only way I could lose any weight while eating that way was to cut my total calorie intake down to 1,500-1,600 per day. If I did that, I was hungry all the time - even with 3 meals plus snacks.

I'm still pretty new to keto as well as to intermittent fasting, but so far it's been pretty eye-opening for me. I feel great. I'm not hungry all the time. 15 pounds trimmer. And all the stuff I'm eating is all my favorite food....venison, salmon, ribeye, german sausage, chicken, BACON, chicharones...avocado (at least 1/day), veggies, berries, nuts.....eggs, butter, greek yogurt, cheese....

I was already used to not eating much sugar, so that hasn't been a change. I don't really miss potatoes. I do miss bread, but there are some keto bread recipes that are good too.

The more I learn and the longer I eat this way, the more I am thinking it's a lifelong change for me - for the better, all the way around.

Comment

Edamame packets or tuna foil packets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well i got out there and worked out.
                    1.5 mile fast walk on treadmill
                    30 min on heavy bag
                    milled around and threw in a few bench press and lunges.
                    i'll eventually figure out a routine.

Breakfast, 2 eggs and sausage patties
                    snack, tuna packet
                    lunch beef fajita meat only
                    dinner, ground deer patties, plain.

None of the typical junk food

Comment

That’s my problem Fudd. Except I stay up late at night and graze. WhT helped me was to quit buying the junk food. And hit the exercise room. Free weights burn a lot of calories and build muscle. Limit cardio to two to three times per week about 30 minutes each session. Additionally I purchased two books: Bigger, Leaner,Stronger and the Year One Challenge For Men. Great books
                      The problem I’m having now is that the gym at Methodist hospital is small and doesn’t have a lot of the equipment that I’d like to have. As a fireman I would think that y’all would have some sort of gym at the station or access to one for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        That’s my problem Fudd. Except I stay up late at night and graze. WhT helped me was to quit buying the junk food. And hit the exercise room. Free weights burn a lot of calories and build muscle. Limit cardio to two to three times per week about 30 minutes each session. Additionally I purchased two books: Bigger, Leaner,Stronger and the Year One Challenge For Men. Great books
                        The problem I’m having now is that the gym at Methodist hospital is small and doesn’t have a lot of the equipment that I’d like to have. As a fireman I would think that y’all would have some sort of gym at the station or access to one for free.
                        We have really good work out facilities in each station. I've no excuse as to why i have not utilized them as much as i should. As for the junk food. I dont buy it but you cant imagine how many pie's, cakes, and other crap people drop off.
                        One it is here its hard to resist.
                        Typically i need to slowely get in the right mindset to get things like this done. I talked about quitting tobacco for several years before the one day i decided I'd quit. That was just over a year ago and i have not missed it since.
                        Working out is the same thing. Today was the first step. I really enjoy it, its just getting motivated to start. On my days off i dont sit around all day, i do home repairs or cut trees. Its just 24 hours at a slow fire department is more brutal than if i ran 15 calls a day.
                        I appreciate all the advice on this thread and going to put it all to use at one level or another until i find something i can do as a daily routine

Comment

I would suggest looking into KETO as well. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. My energy level increased significantly, my skin cleared up and I definitely shed some pounds. I saw someone posted to watch Dr Eric Berg...I definitely second that. Super interesting. There is also a Netflix Documentary, The Magic Pill. I found that one to be informative as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye View Post
                            I would suggest looking into KETO as well. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. My energy level increased significantly, my skin cleared up and I definitely shed some pounds. I saw someone posted to watch Dr Eric Berg...I definitely second that. Super interesting. There is also a Netflix Documentary, The Magic Pill. I found that one to be informative as well.
                            Thanks for the input.

Comment

sounds like you are not burning many calories in a days time, so I would tell you NOT to be eating nuts as part of your snacking as they are VERY dense in calories compared to other options such as Jerky (turkey jerky if possible), Baby carrots, small mandarine Oranges, Mozzarela Cheese. The main thing is that you are NOT burning that many calories sitting around, so you ultimately need to figure out an alternative to food period, because putting calories in without burning them back off is not going to work for fitness no matter what you are eating. Water is my cure all for hunger. As soon as I feel hungry, which is not that often because I eat 5 times per day, I down a glass of water. Curves the hunger until it is time to eat again.
                              Last edited by Codie; 02-21-2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                                sounds like you are not burning many calories in a days time, so I would tell you NOT to be eating nuts as part of your snacking as they are VERY dense in calories compared to other options such as Jerky (turkey jerky if possible), Baby carrots, small mandarine Oranges, Mozzarela Cheese. The main thing is that you are NOT burning that many calories sitting around, so you ultimately need to figure out an alternative to food period, because putting calories in without burning them back off is not going to work for fitness no matter what you are eating. Water is my cure all for hunger. As soon as I feel hungry, which is not that often because I eat 5 times per day, I down a glass of water. Curves the hunger until it is time to eat again.
                                I started drinking several bottles of water since i started this thread and working out. today 3 miles on the treadmill and some weights, slowly working into a routine

Comment

Working...
                                X