Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Been thinking about Keto Shane. Thanks
    I will admit when I was on Keto I always felt full, so I had zero snacks.

Also, you need to keep your mind occupied in between calls. Given your screen name, why not tie some flies?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      I’ve tried pretty much every diet out there. To some extent they are all gimmicky. But yes some are productive. Over the last four months I change my caloric intake drastically. Until I started tracking it I didn’t realize that I was probably consuming 3,000- 4000 cal a day. Which was really hard for me, considering I’m a coon#%* , and well, What does eating I have to do with being hungry. Eating is a social thing. I’m pretty sure I didn’t feel hunger pain for about six or seven years. So I backed off to about 1200-1500 cal a day, and I’m very strict with it. I’ve lost close to 45 pounds in the last 4 to 5 months.
      I recognize that’s drastic, but I needed to get weight off my twice surgically repaired knee quick!

Let me add that I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol genetically that I battle. So a high-fat, high red meat/pork consumption diet, was no good for me.
      Probably would do me some good to track my intake.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
        I will admit when I was on Keto I always felt full, so I had zero snacks.

Also, you need to keep your mind occupied in between calls. Given your screen name, why not tie some flies?
        Well,I have been wanting to learn to fly fish.

Comment

I feel your pain fly... We don't eat cuz we're hungry...it's a hobby! Guys coming up with good stuff to try or someone bringin' a cake for their birthday etc. Walk by and something is sitting out and you just grab it!lol Keeping water handy is a must. But yeah, take piddle stuff from home with ya to mess with or like you say, get some kinda hobby..maybe even one that makes some $!!

Comment

food is not the issue - movement is the issue. You said you "workout" - does that mean weights?

Running is without a doubt the best equalizer - start out very slow and short - jog/walk for a mile. Increase to two miles - then build up to running 5 miles - I pretty much eat what I want in reasonable quantities - my running allows me to do so

Running is the easiest and fastest way to health - I have done it now for 40 plus years - I am 66 years old and not overweight at all nor have any health issues - good luck my friend

Comment

Porkskins and ranch

It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.

Comment

Gum helps me.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Pork rinds. Make drinking water a mission. Carry a nalgene with you and just sip on it

Comment

room temperature water.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                      food is not the issue - movement is the issue. You said you "workout" - does that mean weights?

Running is without a doubt the best equalizer - start out very slow and short - jog/walk for a mile. Increase to two miles - then build up to running 5 miles - I pretty much eat what I want in reasonable quantities - my running allows me to do so

Running is the easiest and fastest way to health - I have done it now for 40 plus years - I am 66 years old and not overweight at all nor have any health issues - good luck my friend
                      I did take my treadmill to the station and I like running/walking. Also like the heavy bag. My biggest problem is if I dont do it as soon as I get to work i quickly turn into a welfare recipient.
                      I know I just need to make my mind up and get busy

Comment

I did take my treadmill to the station and I like running/walking. Also like the heavy bag. My biggest problem is if I dont do it as soon as I get to work i quickly turn into a welfare recipient.
                        I know I just need to make my mind up and get busy
                        the other advice is this - find a partner - I have run with the same guy for almost 30 years now. Keeps us both accountable plus we talk the entire run which makes the run go by fast - has to be some other firemen you could partner with

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                          the other advice is this - find a partner - I have run with the same guy for almost 30 years now. Keeps us both accountable plus we talk the entire run which makes the run go by fast - has to be some other firemen you could partner with
                          When I run or hike I do it from 6 am to 7 before work. None of th other guys ever get to work until right at shift change. I am going to start my challenge to myself on Tuesday when I go to work. I am determined

Comment

I've learned I just have to tell myself I dont want a snack and literally convince myself I'm full. And yeah, gotta find something to occupy your time. Like doing something very 20 minutes, or go walk every time your water/coffee is empty, throw in pushups, whatever.

Comment

When I run or hike I do it from 6 am to 7 before work. None of th other guys ever get to work until right at shift change. I am going to start my challenge to myself on Tuesday when I go to work. I am determined
                              it is like brushing your teeth - once you get into the habit you miss it if you do not do it. ALSO - you have no idea how much better your life will be if you do this - I am 66 and feel like I am 35 - take it slow and build up

Comment

I did order some mtn OPS products yesterday, hoping it helps some. I'm pretty good on my days off because I stay very busy. But that freakin down time at the FD for 18 years has not been good to me
                                I interview with an FD in a little over a week...i hope down time at the FD is my lroblem in 18 years [emoji16]...

Try splitting your workouts up..run/hike/ruck in the mornings on the treadmill and lift in the afternoons. When you lift, do HIT training, cool thing about being a firefighter is you can make a HIT training session based off of all of the activities you do on the job (minus the sitting around part lol).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X