No announcement yet.

Fit folks....I need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuna fish, nuts, cottage cheese, rotisserie chicken, avocado, asparagus. Stay active if y’all have workout equipment and if you need something sweet take fresh pineapple, strawberries, bananas and add ice and water in the blender. For some sweetener use one or half of one of the artificial sweeteners that you put in your water like cherry flavor etc. it will make one heck of a smoothie and fill you up!

Comment

Appreciate the replies fellas.
      Just starting this thread is a way for me to hold myself accountable.
      I've tried just about everything mentioned over the years. And it all works when I keep at it. Time to get back at it.

Comment

Every time you're hungry knock out some exercise and chug water. Boredom is the enemy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Seriously look into keto and intermittent fasting, IF. I used to eat around 22-2300 calories per day and stayed very fit. Last year life got in my way and I put on a few too many pounds. Started Keto Dec 29th and Im down 15 of the 16 lbs I wanted to lose. The big thing with the heavy fat diet compared to what I used to eat is feeling full nearly all day. Most days I only eat two meals in a 6 hr window for a total of about 1500 calories. A lot of days, like today I have to make myself eat that much. I really do feel full most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            I've been doing keto for the last 2-3 months. I used to eat 3 meals per day plus snacks between meals. Since I started keto, I'm only eating lunch and supper and not hungry between meals. Getting your body adapted to using fat for energy rather than carbs makes a huge difference. Carbs get burned up fast, so you get hungry again really soon. Fat is the opposite. It's been an amazing difference to me.

Also, I've been eating 500-750 calories per day MORE than I used to eat, and I've lost almost 15 pounds since early December. No change to my workouts.

We eat healthy and do at least 4 strenuous boot camp work outs pers week, I’m in shape but not cut as I want. My wife has been threatening to put us on keto and with your post I just might give in.

Comment

Do 24 fast.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Appreciate the replies fellas.
                Just starting this thread is a way for me to hold myself accountable.
                I've tried just about everything mentioned over the years. And it all works when I keep at it. Time to get back at it.
                What department are you with?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and my wife make what she calls "adult lunchables" some lean lunch meat, a cheese stick, a piece of jerky, little single serve peanut butter packs, either a pack of flavored tuna or some pepperonis, and some baby carrots with a single serve cup of ranch. I can snack on it all day and stay full

Comment

Transfer to a busy firehouse.

Run 20-30 calls per day and you won't get bored.

I never had the boredom problem fighting fire in the ghetto in Atlanta.

My major issue was running out of clean uniforms, having to wear wet turnout gear, lack of sleep and finishing meals on the engine on the way to a call. Sure was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                      What department are you with?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                      Cedar Park

Comment

I had some of these same issues, I workout in the morning but I have a sedentary office job 7-5, so I felt like I didn't stand a chance. My wife, who is one fine, fit specimen of a lady finally turned me on to macro tracking. When I finally laid it out there and put it on paper (rather the "my fitness pal" app) with some coaching of where my numbers (protein, carbs, fat and calories) should actually be I started seeing positive changes very quickly. My pitfalls were energy drinks and snack cakes... I constantly felt like I lacked energy... not anymore. Im still new to it, and there is a learning curve, but I feel great and am seeing positive changes on the scale. good luck!

Comment

Wash the trucks again!
                          I'm joking, but just couldn't resist!

Comment

There's a bunch of ways to do it, but every method is 100% Mental.
                            No method will work if you don't get your head in it.

I struggled with boredom grazing too.
                            Best thing for that is to keep busy. Workout and Hobbies.
                            Fasting is where it's at. This gets easier to do as you go.

Get away from the mindset that you need to replace your snacks with different snacks. Cut out snacks all together. Eat only meals that matter.
                            It's more about NOT eating than eating.

Bare minimum for intermittent fasting is 18-6. Fast 18hrs a day and only eat within a 6hr window. Pretty easy to do really. Basically cut out breakfast and eat lunch and dinner between noon-6pm (for example).

Keto + Fasting is the best. You'll find that 18hr fast is a breeze, so shrink it to a 20 or 22 hr fast. Eventually getting down to OMAD (one meal a day).
                            Drinking salt/electrolyte water helps with fasting. Look up "Snake Juice".

Daily:
                            Water=2L
                            Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
                            Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
                            Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
                            Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)

Best way to kick your body into Ketosis is to do a 48 hr fast. Only drinking "Snake Juice" during the fast. None of this taking a week or more to get into ketosis fully. Once your body quickly runs out of carbs to fuel itself it will eat the fat/protein you've been storing up. You dont have to eat a darn thing to get into ketosis. The fuel you are carrying around on your body IS Keto food.

Comment

Check out Dr Eric Berg on youtube

Comment

Calories in < Calories out....you’ll lose weight

Comment

Working...
                                X