Concan
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome

Comment

I would love to kill one in Texas. I've seen 2 and could have shot one but passed. We were hunting out near Pandale and were sitting out by the fire one night about the end of December. One screamed this hair raising scream right up above camp. It was the most hair raising sound I have ever heard. I grabbed my rifle and another guy grabbed a spotlight. We got ready and he shined it up on the rimrocks and there she was sitting there on her haunches. About 200 yards up the hill from us. And she had 2 little ones with her. I couldn't shoot her.

The other was also in Pandale and I was in a deer stand overlooking a saddle between two deep canyons. I got dropped off by my father in law who was hunting way across the ranch so i ended up in the blind way, way too early and had probably been sitting in the blind an hour before it even began to get light. Right at first light when the dawn is grey and you can just start to see what's all around you I had one come across that saddle. By the time my brain registered what I was looking at and I went for my rifle it was across the caliche road and gone.

Comment

Man that is great looking mount.

Comment

UHHHH YES!!! Heck YES

Comment

The real question is, would you skim a mountain lion in the guts if you caught it eating the pea gravel at your feeder?

Comment

I have been following a local Pueblo conservancy as the do some projects on they’re lands.
                  One is a mountain lion collar program that tracks kills. They have not updated this program since Nov/Dec

Here is one of the females with two of her three cubs.

Here is the graph that has the data that they were able to track.

Here is the info the they posted on the site to help explain the graph above.

We recently posted a graph of Brokenleg's kills that generated a lot of great questions and responses. This graph might do the same and is intended to show the varied diet of 5 lions (3 males and 2 females) that we GPS-collared and followed over variable time spans. The 3 males (months collared in parenthesis) are Big Tom (6), Brokenleg (17), and Lefty (15). The 2 females are Notch (12) and Little Girl (16). We documented 155 kills across 20 species, which are color-coded for individual lions. While Brokenleg's dataset is mostly complete, there are gaps in the other lion datasets because we did not have permission to enter onto some lands to verify kills. Despite not having a complete dataset for all lion kills, the graph clearly illustrates the varied diet of the 5 individual lions. Furthermore, we believe that Big Tom and Notch probably killed at least 15 more feral horses based on kill locations and amount of time at kill site, but because we didn't have permission to verify the kills, we can't confirm this. This is an ongoing project, so we expect we will add some species to the list in the future..

Anyway it’s all interesting to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a nice one!

Comment

Dang... Brokenleg gives zero Fs

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                        Like he's at Costco on a Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Here he is:

This graph is one for brokenleg:

Here is the caption that goes with.

One of the reasons we started collaring mountain lions, was to better understand their predation patterns on Tamaya. Brokenleg, a GPS-collared male, showed up on camera the other day. We don't capture him on camera very often, but because we are usually a couple steps behind him sneaking in to verify his kills, we have a pretty good understanding of his varied diet over a 15-month period. Let's just say, you wouldn't want to be a badger around him.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            Here he is:

This graph is one for brokenleg:

Here is the caption that goes with.

One of the reasons we started collaring mountain lions, was to better understand their predation patterns on Tamaya. Brokenleg, a GPS-collared male, showed up on camera the other day. We don't capture him on camera very often, but because we are usually a couple steps behind him sneaking in to verify his kills, we have a pretty good understanding of his varied diet over a 15-month period. Let's just say, you wouldn't want to be a badger around him.

Can't believe how many badgers they get ahold of.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                              Can't believe how many badgers they get ahold of.
                              He hit the elk pretty good to.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                I have been following a local Pueblo conservancy as the do some projects on they’re lands.
                                One is a mountain lion collar program that tracks kills. They have not updated this program since Nov/Dec

Here is one of the females with two of her three cubs.

Here is the graph that has the data that they were able to track.

Here is the info the they posted on the site to help explain the graph above.

We recently posted a graph of Brokenleg's kills that generated a lot of great questions and responses. This graph might do the same and is intended to show the varied diet of 5 lions (3 males and 2 females) that we GPS-collared and followed over variable time spans. The 3 males (months collared in parenthesis) are Big Tom (6), Brokenleg (17), and Lefty (15). The 2 females are Notch (12) and Little Girl (16). We documented 155 kills across 20 species, which are color-coded for individual lions. While Brokenleg's dataset is mostly complete, there are gaps in the other lion datasets because we did not have permission to enter onto some lands to verify kills. Despite not having a complete dataset for all lion kills, the graph clearly illustrates the varied diet of the 5 individual lions. Furthermore, we believe that Big Tom and Notch probably killed at least 15 more feral horses based on kill locations and amount of time at kill site, but because we didn't have permission to verify the kills, we can't confirm this. This is an ongoing project, so we expect we will add some species to the list in the future..

Anyway it’s all interesting to me.

That’s awesome! Was the mouflon a domestic animal, or is there somewhere up there where they’ve been introduced into the wild?

Comment

Working...
                                X