No announcement yet.

2020 white bass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No whites for me on Waco. Water too clear up river. They wouldn't even hit a minnow.

Few dink crappie and a catfish jigging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Weather report was wrong this am. Holed up under a bridge for an hour waiting out rain. Wind was terrible. Did put the new fish finder to the test and found some schools and caught 7-8 whites trolling crankbaits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to post this video!

Comment

Rain was perfect a few weeks back to let them move up below our neighborhood this year. Always helps with a little off colored water but as it cleared up last week, they were still hanging around. Buffalos where in there for three days and then the gar moved in around last Thursday.

Really fun to let my son try his hand at the buggy whip after getting board with the spinning reel .
          Attached Files

Comment

They coming back down from the creeks and have been hungry this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We ran up to Richland Chambers last weekend but didn’t get on the water until a little after 10. The weather was a little off at first but still a great day, brought back 75 white bass plus 5 hybrid. We caught 104 fish for the day. The whites were all really good size. Our biggest white was right at 16” and the hybrid were on the smaller end with the best at 20”. I am terrible at remembering to take pictures but we are going to run back up this weekend so I’ll try to take more if we find good fish.

We usually make this a 2-4 day trip with my uncle and cousins but with the virus we made it a quick one day run this time. We didn’t see any birds really working like in years past but still found good fish.

Comment

I just got home from Richland chambers. The sandies were hitting hard this afternoon. Caught 2 man limit. All good size.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                  I just got home from Richland chambers. The sandies were hitting hard this afternoon. Caught 2 man limit. All good size.

Ya I kinda blew us away how good the size were on the fish.

Comment

Yesterday on Bridgeport with my dad, son, and a good friend of mine. Great times for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not exactly white bass, well kind of...........

Breck reeled in this 9.3 pound Lake Waco Hybrid. Junior Lake Record is 9.91. I believe they ended up with 14 keepers.

Rwc
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X