No announcement yet.

2020 white bass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have reservations do not go to Colorado Bend State park on the weekends. Last Saturday my nephew got turned down at 9am. Park full!

Comment

Somerville neils creek a few crappie and whites. It was pretty slow, next week or 2 should be good.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
        I found a spot or two where some where hiding out on the Nueces.
        I'll probably be going back again on Tuesday, if I can get one or two people to come along.

Does anyone want to come along?
        Got room for two. Be ready to get wet, river is low and we will have to get out and float the boat a few times.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        C1, I may be interested in going. I got some work to do at the lease tomorrow if I get finished up I'll join you.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          C1, I may be interested in going. I got some work to do at the lease tomorrow if I get finished up I'll join you.
          Sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
            I may test it out Monday. Will post whatever. The rain shopuld have helped it along but the cold may step it back a little. May take the bow and if no fish can always burn some calories pretending I know how to hunt.
            A few folks were doing well today. I can usually keep up but NOT today. None for me and about 3 hours at it. At least some are in there. Small males and maybe a few females seen being caught by some either better or luckier folks?
            I stayed away to be polite but also to not infect others with my jinx this Monday. A black hog musta crossed my trail?

Comment

2020 white bass thread

My son and I hit a local creek today. He caught 3 males and this little bass that was about the size of his rooster tail. I caught two including this one that was keeper size, but we let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by salth2o; 02-17-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

My wife, son and myself hit a local creek spot on Sunday. Didn’t start until about 2:00 and left around 4:30 with two male sandies around 13”. One on a crappie jig and another on live shiner. Was too pretty a day to not go fishing. They should be running good in the next week or two of the relatively warmer temps stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone fished out of Nac or Lufkin on the Angelina ? We will be down that way this weekend possibly and was curious as to the water level/white bite? Have they had as much rain as we have up near Paris? Don't wanna go and take the boat if the river is out of its banks like everything here.

Comment

White bass were on fire on today. Son caught over 70 fish alone. Kept 19 nice whites and threw back he said probably 30 that were 10 to 11" and 18 nice yellow bass and 3 crappie. He ended up keeping 34 I believe. Dang good day. He caught over 70 fish total
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dang son get the grease hot

Comment

I bet the lake went down

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          I bet the lake went down

He said there was some guys on the bank talking crap because they couldn't catch any lol. They were fishing with big rods and big lures lol. They watched him just slaying them. Small ultralight with 6lb test and small crappie jig is all you need. Lots of people throwing 20lb test line and 3" and 4" grubs lol

Comment

And it's about to down! Lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

When we get into them on LBJ, they hit a small crankbait all day long. Usually the sexy shad in a 1.5. Hopefully I can get into some up here around Ft Worth. I tried Benbrook by whiskey flats a couple years ago but never really found then.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                                He said there was some guys on the bank talking crap because they couldn't catch any lol. They were fishing with big rods and big lures lol. They watched him just slaying them. Small ultralight with 6lb test and small crappie jig is all you need. Lots of people throwing 20lb test line and 3" and 4" grubs lol
                                Some people are hardheaded. That's some filets.

Comment

Working...
                                X