Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Glen

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Congrats Glenn! That killer in the back in blue shirt looks familiar! LOL!
      He's hell on the fish as well as all horned critters and turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
        Very nice Glen
        Thank you! It's been pretty solid the last 10 days or so.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
          How far up the coast have ya'll caught Snook?
          I think the farthest north I have heard of them are the Freeport Jetties and mouth of the Brazos. I would think some are caught off the Galveston jetties but I don't know of any being caught there for sure.

Comment

I work some down at the port of Freeport, the water will clear up back in the turning basin and you can see the big snook that cruise our dock. There are tons of them there, and big ones, 30”+. No fishing back in there, but I think a lot of people don’t catch them because they hang out in areas that aren’t your typical fishing areas. I’ve caught several in Matagorda at the locks while flounder fishing. I’ve caught several at the jetties in Matagorda. Never any size to them, but to have little ones means there has to be big ones.

Comment

There are some big ones around for sure. And you are right, they are often in places you wouldn't likely be fishing. And if you go target them it is a pretty low percentage proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
                We're one big freeze away from starting over.
                shhhhhh. I don't even want to think about that but youre right. I remember driving the ICW in matty after the last one.

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Congrats Glenn! That killer in the back in blue shirt looks familiar! LOL!

Right, what he doing without something with spurs?

Im glad to see all these giant trout being caught. That keep 5 fish seems to be working. Maybe the flounder will be next

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  I think west matty is about as far up the coast as I’ve heard. I’ve never heard of one being caught in East bay, but Glenn May have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Caught a snook at Cole Pass behind San Luis pass couple years ago

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Ran out of Gamblers last night, slapped on a freakin chicken boy and got two of these.
                    thats a toad! Congratulations!! The only one I ever caught was in the canal at my FIL's house on Padre Island! It was 26" and ate great!

Comment

You'd be shocked how many are caught in Chocolate Bayou...

Comment

Anybody know what the surf is supposed to do this weekend or how i could check for Matagorda. Going to be down on Friday and Saturday. Wanted to see if it was worth packing the fishing equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                          Anybody know what the surf is supposed to do this weekend or how i could check for Matagorda. Going to be down on Friday and Saturday. Wanted to see if it was worth packing the fishing equipment
                          Magic Seaweed for forecasts.

Comment

Hopefully tides stay decent, North wind predicted this weekend. Planning to go back to surfside. Trout fish the surf in the ams, probably kayak sea isle at night.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

So this is a stupid question to most I'm sure but I'm gonna ask any way.

We don't do a lot of bay fishing and when we do we normally get a guide or go to LA and fish with family friends and they have boats. So here's my question...is the water around Matagorda okay to run a skeeter center console in? Really anywhere from Matagorda to Galveston area i'd say but we just wanna try and catch a few specs and reds if possible. I have no need to run 80mph, putting along to not tear anything up is the plan.

Thanks for the help and advice, just don't want to tear my boat up or worse...end up on the TBH 2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread with a picture of the boat on a sand bar or worse oyster bed.

And for those that are asking the question right now...we have the center console because a family of 4 just doesn't fit in a bass boat too well.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
                                So this is a stupid question to most I'm sure but I'm gonna ask any way.

We don't do a lot of bay fishing and when we do we normally get a guide or go to LA and fish with family friends and they have boats. So here's my question...is the water around Matagorda okay to run a skeeter center console in? Really anywhere from Matagorda to Galveston area i'd say but we just wanna try and catch a few specs and reds if possible. I have no need to run 80mph, putting along to not tear anything up is the plan.

Thanks for the help and advice, just don't want to tear my boat up or worse...end up on the TBH 2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread with a picture of the boat on a sand bar or worse oyster bed.

And for those that are asking the question right now...we have the center console because a family of 4 just doesn't fit in a bass boat too well.
                                Each bay is different, each area is different... heck each inlet is different. Some you can roll through going 50, others you better know where you're at. My advice in new areas is to go slow and observe other boats.

I learned almost all my fishing ground with my dad just putting around taking our time. Go slow!

Another good bit of advice is to watch crab trap lines. Those crabbers know the bay better than anyone. You can always follow the lines, for the most part they're in channels or guts.

Comment

Working...
                                X