No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Rock Tipp & Glad to hear y'all had a great weekend Justin, except for the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Can't be, there's a law against that now.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lost tackle bag-

FM 1289 headed towards POC/ Seadrift from Port Lavaca

Found at about 0630/0645 this morning.

Identify and I’ll hold it for you.
        Last edited by fish4food; 05-05-2020, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
          Lost tackle bag-

FM 1289 headed towards POC/ Seadrift from Port Lavaca

Found at about 0630 this morning.

Identify and I’ll hold it for you.

Full of kahle hooks and chatter weights? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Panhandle sends a low hanging curve ball right over the plate....

I must resist an easy homerun

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Man I wish. Apparently every accessory on the boat is on the starting battery and I killed the battery having the live well running all night and didn’t plug in the charger.

Have to remove one of the trolling motor batteries to get to the crank battery.

It was a freaking beating.

Messing with batteries sucks. Messing with batteries while your on the boat REALLY sucks.

Comment

I laughed at that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

I’m just jealous because I can’t catch any fish. Lol. If things don’t pick up I may have to pick cro...croa...croak....golf. Lol

Comment

Have a little time on my hands today thought I’d update the Simms flats sneakers we discussed on here last year. The boot has held up surprisingly well, a few small nicks in the toe from shell but other than that basically still look new after what I’d guess to be close to 100 wades. They really are as comfortable as a tennis shoe, no issue wearing them all day. I bought a size 13 and wear a Simms sock with them when not wearing waders, I normally wear a 11.5 in shoes. Like everything else they do get stiff if you don’t wash them with freshwater after a wade. Only negative I have is the foam in them takes a long time to dry out so I pull the insoles out and let them dry in the house, I suspect they probably would not look as good and might be dry rotting/mildewed if I kept them in boat garage with all our other wading gear. Quality product worth the price imo, I’ll buy again.

Comment

I’m just jealous because I can’t catch any fish. Lol. If things don’t pick up I may have to pick cro...croa...croak....golf. Lol
                      Don't go that far, there is always bass fishing

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                      Have a little time on my hands today thought I’d update the Simms flats sneakers we discussed on here last year. The boot has held up surprisingly well, a few small nicks in the toe from shell but other than that basically still look new after what I’d guess to be close to 100 wades. They really are as comfortable as a tennis shoe, no issue wearing them all day. I bought a size 13 and wear a Simms sock with them when not wearing waders, I normally wear a 11.5 in shoes. Like everything else they do get stiff if you don’t wash them with freshwater after a wade. Only negative I have is the foam in them takes a long time to dry out so I pull the insoles out and let them dry in the house, I suspect they probably would not look as good and might be dry rotting/mildewed if I kept them in boat garage with all our other wading gear. Quality product worth the price imo, I’ll buy again.

Good to know, the cheap booties I have are pretty cut up and Ive been thinking about an upgrade. A co-worker has been wearing the sims for a few years and swears by them

Comment

[emoji1787]

Comment

I’m wearing the Barts Bay Armor boots this year and been impressed so far. Hopefully I won’t get to try them on a ray. Lol

Comment

Don't go that far, there is always bass fishing

Good to know, the cheap booties I have are pretty cut up and Ive been thinking about an upgrade. A co-worker has been wearing the sims for a few years and swears by them
                            I knew they were comfortable when I bought them, surprised how they have held up to shell, which we’ve been fishing pretty hard lately.

Comment

I’m wearing the Barts Bay Armor boots this year and been impressed so far. Hopefully I won’t get to try them on a ray. Lol
                              yea, so about that group buy?

Comment

Haha.

Nope, plastics only.

Comment

Working...
                                X