No announcement yet.

New Truck Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I been looking also. I’m leaning towards the f150 FX4 with the 3.5 eco boost. I’ve driven one and the power is awesome. Interior is sexy. Probably purchase one in December. Good looking trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

ive got a 2015 sierra 1500 4x4 with 153,*** miles and its been a great truck. consistent oil changes and tire rotations have been the only things I have done to this truck. think you may have gotten a Monday or Friday truck to be giving you that many issues.

Comment

Ford

Comment

Ford F250 or 350 before any other

Comment

Toyota or Nissan for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              This. Never understood why folks spend $40-$50k to fix a $1800 problem.

My 2002 F250 has 348,000 miles on it. I can put a whole new engine in it for $5000. I can put a built tranny in it for $3100. Why would I spend $70,000 on a new truck ?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              X2

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                Agree completely. I am thinking about doing this to my 2007 Silverado. Can get a new built how I want it motor and transmission, installed, for around $9k. Not going to spend $70k on a new truck.
                I TOTALLY get the OP's frustrations and desire to eliminate the source...😉 IMOP the problems might well return with a brand new truck of any make due to the overcomplication of every system on board.
                Over-engineered and under-developed, which seems to be more and more common, simply yields more problems....IMOP anyway.

So I did EXACTLY what you're considering doing to my '06 150 KR....

I don't finance things that I KNOW will instantly depreciate, it just makes zero sense. (unless you can use it through a business and write it off) So I decided to rebuild my truck into what I liked by modifying the aesthetics and rebuilding the drive train. (It's been a fun project)

Aesthetically I like the 1st generation Raptors so that was the goal (without doing a dead poser copy). Then I rebuilt the suspension and installed a remanufactured engine from AER. I even updated the dashboard, etc. The only thing left is the tranny, but, it's shifted perfectly from day dot so I'm leaving it alone for now.

I've got right at $10k in the transformation and it drives like new and sure doesn't look 13 years old. I just pulled my new to me 31' camper 250 miles with ZERO issues other than 7 miles per gallon.
                Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-05-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bofos View Post
                  I have had good luck with the Ford F-150 ECOBOOST. Decent mileage and plenty of power unless you're pulling something big like a 30 ft travel trailer. I recently traded mine for an F-250 for that reason. I've been pleased with the F-250 as well except at the gas pump. 13 mpg is tops. My ECOBOOST 6 cyl got low 20's. The Fords are aluminum body and that will increase your payload and empty mileage. And before anyone starts, Dodge and GM are headed that direction in the next couple of model years as well.
                  I'd stay away from Toyotas it you're going to haul or pull much. I used to install custom truck beds and the frames on those guys are thin. That's just my opinion and preferences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  I assume the 250 is a gasser?

Comment

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post
                    I assume the 250 is a gasser?
                    Yes sir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very happy with my 2017 F-150 eco boost.

Comment

I love my Tundra. Can get nearly 18 mpg if I keep it at 68 mph. Bump it up to 75 and I am around 16 mpg. Most of my driving is highway.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                          I love my Tundra. Can get nearly 18 mpg if I keep it at 68 mph. Bump it up to 75 and I am around 16 mpg. Most of my driving is highway.
                          I’d be OK with that... exactly what I was getting in my stock Sierra too.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                            I don’t get 18 at any speed. Pretty much 15 all the time.

Comment

F O R D. F150. Most dependable truck for the past 20 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                This. Never understood why folks spend $40-$50k to fix a $1800 problem.

My 2002 F250 has 348,000 miles on it. I can put a whole new engine in it for $5000. I can put a built tranny in it for $3100. Why would I spend $70,000 on a new truck ?!?!?

Some people just like driving new trucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X