Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New Truck Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain.. Wife had a 2015 Nissan Armada Platinum that had was having two major repairs every year since we purchased. Luckily they were covered by Extended Warranty, and we dumped it with 900 miles left on the warranty. Loved the vehicle, but was not ready to spend money on big repairs while still making payments. Get out of it and get something with some peace of mind.

I would have a Tundra if the mileage was not so bad, as I test drove a couple of them. Finally got a F150 with the 2.7 Ecoboost and I can get 17 mpg with a lift and 33's. Love the vehicle, fast, responsive, nice interior, etc.

Comment

If I was going to a 1/2 ton I really like the new F150 but that's just me. You probably needs to go look/ drive all of them and see which one YOU like best and will meet YOUR needs best.

Comment

120,000 on my 2013 Tundra!! It’s never had any repairs...

Comment

Ugh... this again. Truck threads should be banned

Comment

Do you dislike ram? Not trying to start a debate, but ram trucks have come a long way this past decade.

The new body style is really nice.

Comment

I have had 3 tundras, all have been great. Personally, wouldn't pay for the TRD pro, can buy shocks and install for much cheaper (and the ones on the pro aren't great).

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                Ugh... this again. Truck threads should be banned
                You didn’t have to click on it... maybe people like you should be banned?

Man wants some specific opinions. Hit the back button next time.

Comment

I have had good luck with the Ford F-150 ECOBOOST. Decent mileage and plenty of power unless you're pulling something big like a 30 ft travel trailer. I recently traded mine for an F-250 for that reason. I've been pleased with the F-250 as well except at the gas pump. 13 mpg is tops. My ECOBOOST 6 cyl got low 20's. The Fords are aluminum body and that will increase your payload and empty mileage. And before anyone starts, Dodge and GM are headed that direction in the next couple of model years as well.
                  I'd stay away from Toyotas it you're going to haul or pull much. I used to install custom truck beds and the frames on those guys are thin. That's just my opinion and preferences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just bought a 2017 crew cab 4x4 Titan. Owned a 2005 titan previously. 2010 Ford f-150 4.6 started limping so I got back into a titan.
                    Personally I wanted to go back to Nissan or a tundra.
                    At about $5K less with equal features , Titan it was. Thrilled.

Con - mpg.
                    Pros - 5.6 imo is one of the best 1/2T engines ever made. And will run like s scalded ape.
                    Smoothest riding truck I’ve ever been in.
                    Tows great.
                    Roomy.
                    Handles great.

Comment

The more I look at and hear about the Tundras the more I like them. Is the gas mileage really that bad??
                      Last edited by BobbyJoe; 11-04-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I have a Tundra 1794 and I love most things about it. Some minor things are annoying, but having had all the major brands, I choose the Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                          The more I look at and hear about the Tundras the more I like them. Is the gas mileage really that bad??

The fanboys will tell you no.

Most every other test in them will tell you yes.

Not to mention they are behind in every other aspect performance and technology wise.

They are a 13 year old platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                            Yes!
                            Got 8.7mpg, towing 7k from Hillsboro to Longview this weekend, running 80-85. Good crosswind too.
                            Average 13.6.
                            The offset, it's a proven platform.
                            I'll take 13yrs old over all the new bs, and domestic problems you see posted here on a daily basis.
                            Help with Ford....Help with my Chevy....My Dodge is doing.....ad nauseam .
                            Mine works everyday, has over 400lb permanently in the bed, just rolled 102k, and never a hiccup.
                            My last Chevy had 2 transmissions before 100k, and 5 transmissions before 270k.

Comment

Exactly. New platform does not mean better. In a lot of cases, it goes the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ford, Ford or Ford.

Comment

Working...
                                X