Im THAT idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
    Ask for Deferred Adj probation so it doesn't go on your record.
    Ask for Deferred Adj probation so it doesn't go on your record.
    On a Class C, it's a deferred disposition.

A deferred disposition will require a special expense fee (fine), court costs and a period of time where you can't engage in any criminal behavior, moving violations included, for up to 180 days. Also, it could include classes or community service to be completed during the period of deferred disposition.

$500 is the max fine, court costs are additional.

The prosocutor will be the one who negotiates with you. If it is a Justice Court they will be from the County Attorney office, assuming the county has one.

A judge can accept or reject any agreement between the parties.

Don't think that a "good ole boy" won't hammer you. I don't know what county you were in, but in my experience, JPs in smaller counties are much more concerned with collecting fines and court costs than JPs in larger counties. Even if a prosecutor is willing to dismiss or resolve the case with a minimal fine, small county JPs are more likely to reject both in order to collect fine and court costs.

I can't imagine a scenerio where you would be denied a deferred disposition or required to pay the max fine. If you get denied a deferred disposition, hit with a high fine, or both, politely and humbly request the judge for more time to consider your options and get out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
      I take it that the deer Was tagged and the dates were cut out so he couldn’t reuse it later. I think this was just for the log on the back of the license that no one will ever see unless you get stopped by the GW. If the deer was tagged and the dates were cut out a warning would have been nice.
      Deer was tagged correctly. Which includes the same info that the log would. Thats was my only gripe. But its within his right to issue the citation. My only issue is thr cost. 500 bucks for paperwork that doesnt end up anywhere has me a little hot

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys sound like high school kids. The log has been on there a long time now...I bet they issued millions of warnings for years. How bout just fill the **** thing out like an adult and quit whining.

Mistakes happen, sometimes they cost money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
          On a Class C, it's a deferred disposition.

A deferred disposition will require a special expense fee (fine), court costs and a period of time where you can't engage in any criminal behavior, moving violations included, for up to 180 days. Also, it could include classes or community service to be completed during the period of deferred disposition.

$500 is the max fine, court costs are additional.

The prosocutor will be the one who negotiates with you. If it is a Justice Court they will be from the County Attorney office, assuming the county has one.

A judge can accept or reject any agreement between the parties.

Don't think that a "good ole boy" won't hammer you. I don't know what county you were in, but in my experience, JPs in smaller counties are much more concerned with collecting fines and court costs than JPs in larger counties. Even if a prosecutor is willing to dismiss or resolve the case with a minimal fine, small county JPs are more likely to reject both in order to collect fine and court costs.

I can't imagine a scenerio where you would be denied a deferred disposition or required to pay the max fine. If you get denied a deferred disposition, hit with a high fine, or both, politely and humbly request the judge for more time to consider your options and get out of there.
          Yeah okay. When I worked baliff work in munucipal court sometimes, they just always said Deferred Adj, but honesty, who cares.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah okay. When I worked baliff work in munucipal court sometimes, they just always said Deferred Adj, but honesty, who cares.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
            I wasn't being critical of you, I was trying to assist the OP. Deferred disposition and deferred adjudication are not the same. I was just trying to help him with the terminology so he could easily navigate the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              You guys sound like high school kids. The log has been on there a long time now...I bet they issued millions of warnings for years. How bout just fill the **** thing out like an adult and quit whining.

X2. I was fixing to say the same thing. Fill out the back of the licence. Been required for years now....

Comment

Cost an elderly friend of mine $200 in upshur county.

Comment

Nothing stops poachers. Poachers are criminals. They poach. I’ve known some in my time and they would rather kill an illegal deer than a legal one. When they get caught, they learn how to do it better next time.

If the OP were a poacher there would never have been a tag on the deer. That’s why the law does no good, it keeps honest people honest, (hopefully), but I’ve forgotten to fill the **** log out myself when the requirement first went into effect. We have all killed a bunch of deer that could have wound up in an ice chest, butchered at home, and never tagged. We didn’t because we chose to obey the law, however dumb we thought it might be.

OP, I hope you don’t get stuck with a fine that high, because in my mind that’s unfair for breaking the letter of the law when the spirit of the law was observed. Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    Never voluntarily talk to the POPO

If you’re a criminal.....otherwise no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                      You consider the OP, who failed to fill out the log portion of his tag, who voluntarily stopped because he thought warden wanted to check his deer a criminal?

Comment

No....read the quote I posted on chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

X2 i agree

Comment

I got a ticket about 10 yrs ago on an oversized redfish but I tagged but didn't write down the bay where it was caught since I don't carry a pen when I'm fishing. Cost me $200.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post

Unfortunately honest mistakes, ignorance of a law (especially a new law, though not saying the log form is a new law), and being a criminal, all end up with the same fine. If you have never broken a law, even unintentionally, you are a better person than me and i will bow to your higher authority. Until then I will not tempt fate and will continue to never talk voluntarily talk to the popo

Have a good one

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                                Your first mistake was willingly stopping and creating an opportunity for a citation.

It's a stupid rule anyway.
                                ---
                                Agreed.

The GM's have been on our lease several times a year. That's their go-to citation. A few of the guys have received warnings. And last year, a guy received the a ticket since he previously had a warning for the same infraction. Not sure of his cost. Guess it depends on the GM. Good luck and I hope it gets reduced.

Lesson to us all.

Comment

Working...
                                X