No announcement yet.

Im THAT idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t see anything wrong with the log on the back. Been there a long time and it’s easy to fill out. Just can’t forget about it.

We all use the same tag whether the buck is a spike or greater than 13”. It would be way to easy to make it home with a 13”+ buck without getting stopped, and then go out and get another one. I guess it depends on how you like to gamble and if the risk is worth the reward. Without filling that log and the unlikelihood that I’d be stopped or checked, I could gamble that I’d make it home every time and shoot 3 bucks greater than 13” on the same property. Then if asked, all you’d have to do is say they were in different counties. The log keeps this from happening.

If you want it to be cut and dry, just ask the state to issue 4 deer tags. 4 tags that specify 2 antlerless, 1 spike/unbranched, and 1 greater than 13”.

Comment

Just checkin to see if pic has posted yet

Comment

Originally posted by 909ag2006 View Post
        This post got me thinking: Do you MLD hunters take your MLD tags to the stand with you each time you hunt? Our biologist told us it is illegal to put a regular TPWD tag on a deer killed on an MLD ranch. But, we don't want to take the MLD tags with us to the stand because it would be too easy to lose them. That means when we kill a deer, it doesn't get tagged until it gets back to camp. I've been worried that if I run into a GW on the way back to camp, I'll get popped for a ticket. What do you guys on MLD ranches do?
        Tag when it gets back to camp.

MLD properties are often given leeway because the property owner or manager works with TPWD biologists already. If they poach more than the quota they are harming themselves the most. Besides most MLD properties shoot far less than the biologist wants them to.

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
        I hunt MLD Property we have to do that all ourselves Biologist does not do it for you
        Zero way in Hades the biologist could ever make it around to all MLD properties to tag deer LOL He'd have to be like Santa!

Comment

Three years ago game warden showed up at the cleaning rack on my old lease and was super friendly. Really nice guy. Mine was hanging and I was cleaning it when he showed up. He watched me clean it. Two others were hanging and being cleaned at the same time. Two others were already cleaned. He wrote five tickets. Smiling and friendly the whole time. One deer was not tagged an no log filled out. Two did not have their logs filled out and two did not have the Hunter Safety Courses completed. If the two with the hunter safety course tickets got a course completed by the end of deer season and sent him a copy he would drop those tickets. Now all logs are filled out and all tags are filled out. It was rough to handle one guys wife killed her first buck but had not filled out the log and did it have her hunter safety course. Made this very excited young woman extremely depressed quickly.

Comment

A C C O U N T A B I L I T Y

How many years could you forget to fill out the proper paperwork at your job before they fired your ***?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              A C C O U N T A B I L I T Y

How many years could you forget to fill out the proper paperwork at your job before they fired your ***?

Not trying to ruffle feathers but that doesn't really equate to this situation. I dont think anyone one on here would be complaining if the OP had stated he'd been doing it for years.
              And for the record, I believe the law is the law and I'm ok with getting a ticket for an infraction. I do think some of the fine amounts can be ridiculous tho.
              But all you can do is take your lumps and move on. Live and learn.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im THAT idiot

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                Not trying to ruffle feathers but that doesn't really equate to this situation. I dont think anyone one on here would be complaining if the OP had stated he'd been doing it for years.
                And for the record, I believe the law is the law and I'm ok with getting a ticket for an infraction. I do think some of the fine amounts can be ridiculous tho.
                But all you can do is take your lumps and move on. Live and learn.

The OP has been straight from the word go, kudos to him.

The log has been there for a long time now. If you want to hunt deer, and you purchased a license, I don’t want to hear folks say it’s a stupid law. That’s the kind of thing 8 year olds, high school freshmen, and millennials say about homework and business they didn’t get done. If you can’t handle the rules, don’t hunt.

Mistakes happen, sometimes they cost money...

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Don’t ever talk to the popo and don’t ever agree to let them search your vehicle. Even if you have never broken a law and don’t have anything to hide.

I love asking these guys if I can search their vehicle when I have PC to search it anyway and they start babbling about how they have not given consent.

Comment

If you can’t handle the rules, don’t hunt.
                    Or change the rules

Mistakes happen, sometimes they cost money...
                    I agree

Comment

Honest mistake man... but next time don’t stop until they come after you. I support law enforcement 100% and work with them every single day (they wish they were fireman) but I don’t do their job for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mrddye View Post
                        I love asking these guys if I can search their vehicle when I have PC to search it anyway and they start babbling about how they have not given consent.

I hear you. It's a very bad idea to ever smoke wacky weed in your vehicle. And don't ever leave anything remotely illegal in plain sight.

I might add that I am very polite and respectful when getting pulled over. Give me a ticket or a butt chewing. I'm just not gonna participate in a "fishing expedition." No you can't search my vehicle and am I free to leave. I don't blame the popo for trying. I'm just not interested in playing a game than has no benefit to me and could end up badly. Thank you for the job you do!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          I hear you. It's a very bad idea to ever smoke wacky weed in your vehicle. And don't ever leave anything remotely illegal in plain sight.

I might add that I am very polite and respectful when getting pulled over. Give me a ticket or a butt chewing. I'm just not gonna participate in a "fishing expedition." No you can't search my vehicle and am I free to leave. I don't blame the popo for trying. I'm just not interested in playing a game than has no benefit to me and could end up badly. Thank you for the job you do!
                          X100 I'm not going to help anyone cost me money or lock me up, and to my knowledge I don't break the law.

Some folks responses on here astound me. I'm not a fan of game wardens though since they seem to be nothing more then money generators for the state. The slightest mix up and they are more then willing to write you a ticket. I've never gotten a hunting violation myself, but can see how honest mistakes can happen. Hopefully they are held to such standards in every other part of their lives, which only complete idiots would believe that they are.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                            Stupid rule/law anyway. Should be one or the other, tag or log.....
                            I've never understood the duplicate effort. Having both doesn't prevent someone from re-using a tag on the same day. And its not like having both is for just in case tag or license gets lost b/c losing either one of those results in a citation. Seems like just another over-complication to catch people who aren't paying attention...as others said, a revenue generator.

Comment

Im THAT idiot

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                              I've never understood the duplicate effort. Having both doesn't prevent someone from re-using a tag on the same day. And its not like having both is for just in case tag or license gets lost b/c losing either one of those results in a citation. Seems like just another over-complication to catch people who aren't paying attention...as others said, a revenue generator.

It has everything to do with preventing folks from killing multiple 13” deer in an AR or one deer county.

And allowing folks to kill another 13” deer in another AR county...

As I explained before ... you used to get one tag for a one buck county and you couldn’t kill any more deer in any one buck counties after you used that tag. The log helps them let us do that....it’s a benefit to all the folks that used to ***** about the one buck county tag. This is what they came up with listening to us hunters. Crazy that folks are looking at as a money grab and burden .
                              Last edited by Smart; 11-05-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X