Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do folks insist on saying...."he's not my biggest deer" or.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the cowboys best season. But it’ll do!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
      Because the number of judgmental Richard's on this site has grown exponentially.

Sadly, this is true, but people shouldn't worry about the keyboard warrior than didn't think the deer was old enough or whatever. It's not their deer.

Comment

You thinking about shooting a small one this year or something

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
          You thinking about shooting a small one this year or something

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I ain’t skeert. Need some blood on my new bow.[emoji2957]. And we have a large number of mgmt deer and does that need skimming!!

If I do, you can bet I won’t say.... “he’s not my biggest but...”

Comment

Could be because it’s small and they want to make an excuse, or be because it’s huge and they want to rub it in everyone’s face.

Comment

I've noticed the same thing. Well, time to get back to skimming

Comment

High fences made giants commonplace and the accomplishment of just killing a nice buck has been watered down. People feel inferior and feel like they need to make an excuse why they killed the buck they did instead of the a 200" HF deer like all the people in their facebook feed or forums they visit.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                  High fences made giants commonplace and the accomplishment of just killing a nice buck has been watered down. People feel inferior and feel like they need to make an excuse why they killed the buck they did instead of the a 200" HF deer like all the people in their facebook feed or forums they visit.
                  Pretty much what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                    Could be because it’s small and they want to make an excuse, or be because it’s huge and they want to rub it in everyone’s face.
                    LMAO you read my mail on this one.

Comment

A couple years ago I remember a post complaining about guys saying "that deer needed another year or two." I think that's has a lot to do with guys giving qualifying statements like this.
                      I've always wondered why hunters are frequently the types who like to scoff at others for doing things differently and say "that guy doesn't know what hes doing." Its like the liberals with their "virtue signaling" hunters have to make statements denagrading others to signal what a good, experienced hunter they are.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        I think it’s this or to justify shooting a deer that’s not quite as big as they would like.

Comment

I did the very thing you are talking about in a write-up I did for my wife a week or so ago.

"His 10pt rack ended up scoring 147 4/8”. Not her best bow whitetail but a great deer and one that I know she will cherish the memory of for many years."

I think I wrote it that way because I was bragging on her some and I was trying to play up her experience with this particular deer hunt as a very memorable one.

I am not defending what I wrote your post just got me to thinking on why we do that.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                            I think it’s this or to justify shooting a deer that’s not quite as big as they would like.
                            And this

Comment

People are always looking for approval. I post a few pics to see what others think about the score of some of our deer. Every time I get responses like,”that be a true monster and in a year or two.” If I like the deer, I will shoot it. Most people should forget about what people say, just enjoy hunting, and quit turning it into a competition. Some people have access to large deer and some do not. Hell, what’s a giant deer to some guys is a cull to others. Who cares, shoot it if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                This isn't your best post, but it will do...
                                i laughed out loud

Comment

Working...
                                X