Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creaky Joints spooking deer- any ideas/ remedies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    That is the cheapest , easiest path.
    The though of constructing more blinds on a ranch that is for sale - again- doesn’t feel like time and money well spent.

Ive got 4 tripods /quad pods, 2 boxblinds and 4 feeders to haul off already if/when we get the call.

I just left the chiropractor (did I mention I’m falling apart) and he said “ therapeutic” dosages of chondroitin and glucosamine might would help.
    He warned the dosage the bottle recommends might not meet a therapeutic level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried all of that joint stuff. Waste of time for me.

Comment

I’m 66 and I stretch and roll my shoulders on the way to the stand. When it’s cold slot more stretching is required. Your still a young pup.

Comment

Creaky Joints spooking deer- any ideas/ remedies?

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
        C'mon guys, just drink more water. At 55 I have no popping noises from my body except for beans maybe, I shoot a 61# longbow and it is not an issue. I do believe it is a lack of water, if I don't drink enough my knees get sore but more water and it goes away.

I drink water all day every day out of a Rtic thermos. Prob drink 120 ounces a day. The first 30 I add a strawberry crystal light to. Rarely drink soda. I still creak and crack.

Comment

Wd-40

Comment

I've received phone calls while deer were within 15 yards and I talked to people on the phone with zero reaction. I can yell hey, boo, stop to no avail but by golly if I huff or snort like a deer then I've got their attention.

I guess my point is your joints must be really really loud.

Comment

I’ve B got a mechanical heart valve that they can hear at 30 yards or so, doesn’t bother them till I decide to shoot and my heart rate goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny you bring this up. Every time I get in my blind or tripod I pop my right elbow. It’s good for two or three hours after that. It is very loud and will draw a deers attention. Like others said, sitting I. A ground blind will help muffle the noise. May need to use more oil on the old joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I drink water all day every day out of a Rtic thermos. Prob drink 120 ounces a day. The first 30 I add a strawberry crystal light to. Rarely drink soda. I still creak and crack.
                  I will warn you that Crystal Light is full of Aspertame, I have seen it put healthy people in serious joint pain. Bad bad stuff sir.

Comment

Cbd !

Comment

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
                      Cbd !

I’ve been thinking of trying that myself. But I’m lucky that my joints don’t pop that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerbost33 View Post
                        Wd-40
                        Kroil!!!! LOL
                        Attached Files

Comment

Aero Kroil
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                            Aero Kroil
                            Well that my cure my joints popping, but they'd smell me for sure.

We use it at work and although I enjoy its aroma I'm not sure the deer will.

Comment

Originally posted by davec View Post
                              well that my cure my joints popping, but they'd smell me for sure.

We use it at work and although i enjoy its aroma i'm not sure the deer will.
                              10-4 :d:d

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                                Insulated Box Blind will help cover noise.
                                Glucosamine and Fish Oil will help your joints
                                Bingo . . Glucosamine is the fix . .

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X