Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creaky Joints spooking deer- any ideas/ remedies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shoulder snap, crackles and pops. My buddy's freak out listening when we shoot.
    I have never had an issue with animals hearing it

Comment

Thanks for the post! Now I know I am not the only person who has this happen.

Comment

Might want to see the doctor and ask about getting a grease zerk put in that shoulder?!

Comment

Muffle suit to conceal joint noise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a-christmas-story-movie-ss02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	24596162

Comment

Old lady says "You sure are noisy getting out of bed!". I have snap crackle and pop before I make it to the kitchen each morning.

Comment

I’m 39 and my elbows, wrists, and fingers do the same thing. I try and pop it all out while nothing is there.

Comment

I lost a target buck because of my elbow 5yrs ago. I do a set of practice draws during the hunt and it seems to help.

Comment

Look on the bright side. At least you can still hear your joints creaking.

If you're not already, maybe try glucosamine and chondroitin supplements.

Comment

#crossbow, might be that time

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                      At 47 going on 48 I ain't as young as I once was.
                      One new ailment that decided to show itself on a recent bowhunt is my creaky joints.
                      I had a few does in and picked out a decent one but my draw arm decided to go snap crackle pop while reaching full draw (wrist /elbow/shoulder). The deer spooked out of my shooting lanes but none threw the flag or blew out of there.

I waited for a second shot, but upon another audible fireworks display they decided they'd heard enough and left.

I had pre-drawn before dawn to get any noises out, but this no longer seemed to work.

It was 52* with little to no wind hunting from a concealed tripod.

Would hunting from an enclosed boxblind or groundblind help conceal the noise or are my days of bowhunting coming to an end?

Anyone else found the cure for bowhunting with noisy joints?
                      XBow
                      I love my Excalibur

Comment

You guys are too young to be worrying about that stuff. Wait till you're well into your 60s. My knees have woken the wife up on some mornings. I take all those supplements as mentioned. They don't seem to help. Doctor said it's just something to get used to. One thing that does help is to move the joints a little more slowly. The faster I move them, the noisier they are. I also us a crossbow, but that's because of shoulder pain, not the creaks and pops.

Comment

Roll’m tighter, just kidding.
                          I feel you pain. Went to draw on my buck this year and my shoulder and elbow cracked and popped! When I got past 60 everything started popping and cracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                            Look on the bright side. At least you can still hear your joints creaking.

If you're not already, maybe try glucosamine and chondroitin supplements.

Haha, I’m the youngest guy I know wearing $5800 blue tooth ear buds. (Better known as hearing aids)

I’ve been told 50yo is the fall apart date, my body seems to be in a race to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

C'mon guys, just drink more water. At 55 I have no popping noises from my body except for beans maybe, I shoot a 61# longbow and it is not an issue. I do believe it is a lack of water, if I don't drink enough my knees get sore but more water and it goes away.

Comment

Creaky Joints spooking deer- any ideas/ remedies?

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                XBow

I love my Excalibur

That is the cheapest , easiest path.
                                The thought of constructing more blinds on a ranch that is for sale - again- doesn’t feel like time and money well spent.

Ive got 4 tripods /quad pods, 2 boxblinds and 4 feeders to haul off already if/when we get the call.

I just left the chiropractor (did I mention I’m falling apart) and he said “ therapeutic” dosages of chondroitin and glucosamine might would help.
                                He warned the dosage the bottle recommends might not meet a therapeutic level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by DaveC; 10-22-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X