Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
    Hinch wanted to save him to close out the game if they had the lead.

That’s pretty stupid imo. Bring him in to keep us in the game. If he’s still going strong, let him finish, if not, bring your closer in to close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I've never felt like Osuna was a real part of the team. I don't see a lot of interaction with him from the other players.
      He don't really fit in with the guys with his domestic violence background.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        That’s pretty stupid imo. Bring him in to keep us in the game. If he’s still going strong, let him finish, if not, bring your closer in to close.

Yeh Hinch and his 107 wins and two WS appearances in 3 years is a dumbass.

Comment

Grienke to Cole for 3 innings and I believe we are celebrating today.....

Harris was tired, and Hinch said it the night before, Osuna is never good for 2 innings....
          Hinch over thought the situation...

If you get beat with your best then you got beat.....but you dont leave a timeout on the board when you're on a winning drive....
          Our best pitcher was sitting on his butt in the dugout...

Game over

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Yeh Hinch and his 107 wins and two WS appearances in 3 years is a dumbass.

Couldn’t agree more, it was confirmed as soon as Presley headed towards the mound with his 11.12 post season ERA

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
              Grienke to Cole for 3 innings and I believe we are celebrating today.....

Harris was tired, and Hinch said it the night before, Osuna is never good for 2 innings....
              Hinch over thought the situation...

If you get beat with your best then you got beat.....but you dont leave a timeout on the board when you're on a winning drive....
              Our best pitcher was sitting on his butt in the dugout...

Game over

[emoji3516]

Comment

Roflmao.

Comment

The questionable part was taking Greinke out with 80 pitches, and a dominating 2 hitter. Hinch plays metrics religiously. It bit him.

Congratulations astros on a great year

Comment

Couldn’t agree more, it was confirmed as soon as Presley headed towards the mound with his 11.12 post season ERA

^ this...

Hinch is great, but even the best sometimes fail

Comment

So Hinch should have put in a starting pitcher in middle of an inning with a base runner instead of a reliever that has been pretty **** good all post season. The ump screwed grienke on a strike call to get that base runner on.

If harris would have got through that inning, Cole was coming in to start the next inning.

Comment

We wouldn't be questioning the pitching if they would have gotten a couple key hits.
                        When Chirinos popped the bunt up and was out, I got a bad feeling about how things would turn out.

Greinke was dealing. Heck they should have used Cole one last time, because it didn't take him too long to announce that he was on the market

Comment

Congrats to the Nats, and the umps. They took it to the Astros for 7 games and won.

Comment

Well, after watching religiously all season and participating in our threads quite a bit, I had a revelation in the 7th inning last night. My body was feeling physical stress from a stupid game I could do nothing about so I just got up and went to bed. Wish the outcome had been better but I'm glad it's over. Time to get in the garage and do something productive or at least Hank Hill on me feet and not wearing out an ever-widening butt dish in my easy chair

Great, entertaining season Astros!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Congrats to the Nats, and the umps. They took it to the Astros for 7 games and won.
                              Don't do that... The umps made some bad calls across the board on both sides the entire series. The Astros hit the ball hard with runners on last night. They just hit it right at people. Soto made a good play in left field to get them out of trouble. It just did not go their way last night. It was a couple great teams hashing it out for the World Series. Nationals showed up to play 9 innings, and the Astros did not. Someone has to loose, but overall it was a fun series to watch! I sure wish they would have won, but I'm not going to sit on my couch and pretend like I could have done a better job than AJ Hinch. I was at the game and I will say that EVERYONE in that stadium thought Cole was coming in when they pulled Grienke. Great season, and I can't wait to root them on again next year.

Comment

i thought for the first time this series, the behind the plate calling was good. pulling greinke when they did was the right thing,but, i cannot figure out why AJ put in Harris and not cole. why would you throw a guy that throws real close to who you just pulled? they were getting Greinkes timing and Cole would have been the answer, not a guy with a 93mph fastball. i felt really bad for Greinke, he pitched and played a hell of a game last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X