No announcement yet.

How far for 3 sits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

108 miles from the house to the gate. I go out for the day often.

Comment

We got a couple coonies on our place that live in Baton Rouge that do it. They roll in at 5am Saturday morning and go straight to the blind.

Comment

Every weekend that I hunt... 310miles one way. Leave when the kids get out Friday after school. Hunt Saturday and Sunday AM and come back.
        Do it all over again. the next trip.
        We make long trips over Christmas but other than that... Weekends...

Comment

About 160 miles currently, but I'd drive up to 3.5 hours for a weekend hunt. Deer season is ain't long enough to be choosy. I'm still plenty mad at 'em.

Comment

I've driven 600 miles one way for 1-2 sits and card pull

Comment

I wont for WT but the right exotic up to 5 hours.

Comment

242 miles, but I'll get 4-5 sits in. Not going until October 14, but staying 3 nights.

Comment

My lease is 6 hours away. We do several 3 sit weekends throughout the season then 2-4 long weekends with 4-5 days down there. Wish it was closer but I love the Hill country.

Comment

350 miles one way and used to do it 10+ times a season. Don't hunt as much these days though. I always figured might as well be sitting in my truck seat heading to the ranch as sitting my recliner watching TV.

Comment

I drove 13 hours total to shoot 6 crane in 4 hours, and would do it again. So for deer, a lot longer.

Typical trip is 172 miles 1 way.

Comment

I just have to walk about 100yds behind the house, but I'm not hunting this weekend. Haven't seen a deer on camera yet during the daytime, and only bucks so far are all too young

Comment

7 miles this weekend.
                          36 miles if i feel froggy!

Comment

Working...
                          X