Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was your Dove opener?

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
    Wow I must’ve hit a nerve. Sorry for hurting your feelings sir.

"Hit a nerve?" That's what my teenage niece and her friends says in their conversations ....please tell me you don’t say “Oh Snap” too!?! ..[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No sir. I'm just trying to save you from yourself posting next time you don't think it through.

Comment

Adam, Are there houses on all sides & is the property 10 acres or more?? I think that's min required and should be good to go as long as the shot doesn't rain down anyone.

I hunted with the Fed GW just north of town last Monday in a field with homes around but no way could shot reach...not gonna keep some from calling & one of the state boys came by to say hi.

Comment

Limits in Port Lavaca Saturday and Limits in Alice 9-1. Good amount of birds this year. Better than past two years thats for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Adam, Are there houses on all sides & is the property 10 acres or more?? I think that's min required and should be good to go as long as the shot doesn't rain down anyone.

I hunted with the Fed GW just north of town last Monday in a field with homes around but no way could shot reach...not gonna keep some from calling & one of the state boys came by to say hi.
          Property is around 90 acres and is outside of the city limits. The city limits borders our property. I'm shooting whitewings that are coming back into the city to roost and they like to fly the eastern edge of the property. I'm limiting my shots to where the shot won't leave the property. I have about a 130° shot window. It is frustrating when it would be a chip shot but the shot might rain down on houses if I took it. I'm far enough that the shot wouldn't hurt anything, but it isn't worth pissing off the neighbors for another dove.

Comment

more birds

Originally posted by Lawhorn View Post
            Didn’t even know you were on here!! Let’s hook up next weekend and shoot some birds!!

Kino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I just saw your reply to my post. we did great again right from my man cave/ welding shop too easy and clean hunting on black top drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              "Hit a nerve?" That's what my teenage niece and her friends says in their conversations ....please tell me you don’t say “Oh Snap” too!?! ..[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No sir. I'm just trying to save you from yourself posting next time you don't think it through.
              Oh snap! Just move along......have a great day and remember don’t drink and drive.

Comment

Went back to Hondo yesterday and it was a little tougher. Windy, birds flying in the stratosphere and the fiance and I were not on the right side of the pasture made for a tough day. That's the first time I haven't limited out in years.

I'm ready for south zone though!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                  We've had 3 decent hunts here. The unfortunate thing is I have just as many birds pass on the city side of me where I can't shoot due to houses so they get a free pass. It would be easy limits if there weren't houses around.

Great lookin pup!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    Property is around 90 acres and is outside of the city limits. The city limits borders our property. I'm shooting whitewings that are coming back into the city to roost and they like to fly the eastern edge of the property. I'm limiting my shots to where the shot won't leave the property. I have about a 130° shot window. It is frustrating when it would be a chip shot but the shot might rain down on houses if I took it. I'm far enough that the shot wouldn't hurt anything, but it isn't worth pissing off the neighbors for another dove.
                    Perfect...heck, I would love to have that problem!!

I haven't been able to take my viz out yet...too hot / no shade & would hurt him at any of the 3 different spots hunted. Narco is getting up there & turning grey on me too. He's been giving me the stink eye for leaving without him but regular season is almost here & will get him some morning hunts.

Comment

Hunted the Special Whitewing in 3 Rivers this past weekend. Lots of mourning dove. Few Whitewing. If TPWD has the special season next year I probably won’t be a player. It’s only afternoon hunts and you are allowed only two mourning doves in a limit. Not sure what they expect to achieve with this season.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        Hunted the Special Whitewing in 3 Rivers this past weekend. Lots of mourning dove. Few Whitewing. If TPWD has the special season next year I probably won’t be a player. It’s only afternoon hunts and you are allowed only two mourning doves in a limit. Not sure what they expect to achieve with this season.
                        Special white wing has been going on for as long as I can remember down in the Valley but recently included all of south zone as of two years ago i believe. Its tough when an area is littered with morning dove during special white wing season.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mac View Post
                          Maybe so, who are you hunting with?

Steve Wilson have been for the past 8-10 years i guess

Comment

Not many birds around Olney, it was the worst opening day we have seen in many years. We killed 19 birds in 2 days and we hit over 75% that we shot at

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              Steve Wilson have been for the past 8-10 years i guess

Yes sir, he’s the one! The Wilsons are good family friends of ours and Steve is one of the nicest and most honest outfitters you’ll ever hunt with. Great to know that you guys have been hunting with him for so long!

Comment

Not bad. Had a good time with my wife. Hunted north of sabinal and stayed in Concan. It was a good getaway for us. First time since the new baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X