No announcement yet.

How was your Dove opener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening morning was slow, after some early terrible shooting I ended up getting my limit at around 10:30am.

Monday morning was better, took my 5 yr old son behind the house and was surprised to get a limit of all white wing plus 5 ringneck by 8:30am.

Comment

Stephens Co sucked. Shotgun never left the case. Ended up working on stuff getting ready for deer season instead. Just not seeing many birds.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mac View Post
        6 of us limited out in about an hour at a friends place north of Hondo. Birds are thick again this year. My BIL planted milo and sunflowers this year on his farm south of Hondo and he’s covered in birds. One of the local outfitters has it leased so he should do pretty well come the south zone opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Hopefully thats one of the fields we will be hunting in 2 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by no bait View Post
          Rio Grande Valley was good hunting back yard got our limits along with some ring necks

Didn’t even know you were on here!! Let’s hook up next weekend and shoot some birds!!

Kino

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            Hopefully thats one of the fields we will be hunting in 2 weeks!

Maybe so, who are you hunting with?

Comment

Made up for the poor opener in the Texas Panhandle today with FND. Mournings, Whitewing and Eurasians.. oh and a Squab. Love the bonus birds!

Comment

I suck with a shotgun so I was hunting muleys... 😁😁😁

Comment

Nice jason and jeff!

Comment

Nicely done

Comment

I’ll be headed to Carrizo Springs next weekend. Hopefully they flying

Comment

If we could shoot a limit of mourning doves in the south zone I'd probably be limited in 30 minutes tomorrow. WW is gonna take a bit longer but the birds are here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted north of farmersville last weekend. I limited, but it was about 10 times worse hunting than last year. Hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Anyone heard any news on why the hunting has been slow up north? Have birds already flown through? Or are coming down late?

Comment

Have my real opener next weekend down south. Can’t wait for good friends, good food and lots of birds.

Comment

Opened in hondo last weekend... head to dilley in a couple more.

Comment

Mine was great...limited 2 days in a row and one was wearing a little extra jewelry.

Comment

Working...
                                X