Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Axis Deer Range in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
    I have seen them a whole lot closer to San Antonio than the maps are showing
    You will see them all over. He was asking about established dense populations where he has a good chance to get on a lease with lots of axis. They are pushing east for sure. Getting to be a bunch around Smithson Valley up to Canyon Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
      There in Lampasas county also a long the Lampasas river.

Hoping they start making there way out towards Lometa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They’re in my buddies yard every day. He live at 281 and the Quadalupe.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
          It’s funny we are minutes outside of Rocksprings and have almost no axis. This is off of hwy 55 going towards Sonora. We are covered up in white tail though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I’m about 20 miles West of you and we have them. I see them in that area on our way through all the time. They are more nomadic in that area, but they are definitely there.

Comment

It’s funny we are minutes outside of Rocksprings and have almost no axis. This is off of hwy 55 going towards Sonora. We are covered up in white tail though!

I'm about 5min outside Rocksprings, off 377 and covered up in them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post

Dang! Must be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post

Yeah maybe after we have begun to feed for a while we will see more! All the neighbors say they aren’t around too much.

Comment

All over the road dead in telegraph canyon !

Comment

We have a bunch west of Menard on the river place.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                      Typical sit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Thats a great typical sit. Lots of tasty vittles there.

Comment

Yeah we are right next to the big cellphone tower. We thought the area was going to be loaded with them. Turns out they are few and far between. I guess we can’t complain though with the WT. I’m hoping the axis will
                        Come around more often
                        I'm sure the Axis will get there. But I have heard with out confirmation that some of the ranchers have the helicopter service come in and thin out the Axis. They claim the Axis are competing with livestock for the grass.

Ever notice all the turkeys at the last house in town(Rocksprings) on 55?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                          I'm sure the Axis will get there. But I have heard with out confirmation that some of the ranchers have the helicopter service come in and thin out the Axis. They claim the Axis are competing with livestock for the grass.

Ever notice all the turkeys at the last house in town(Rocksprings) on 55?

No sir I haven’t noticed the turkeys. That’s stinks about the axis I love seeing them!

Comment

They are starting to show up around Canyon Lake and the New Braunfels area.

Comment

Add Sterling City to the list. Hunted a place just south of SC and saw a ton of axis.

Comment

As others have said, they are thick in Spring Branch up 281. Some monsters live around our house too.

Comment

Working...
                                X