UPS Store Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    i would have asked to see their policy. would they ship a holster? a stock butt pad? a sling?

wonder how they police this. i guess get your ducks in a row before hand.

i like going to the post office and use the self service kiosk. just print the label and has all the tracking number right there and the kiosk is open until about 9 PM every day.
    I tried to ship a boyds stock at UPS a few months back. They would not ship it. The lady said they don't ship gun parts. I bought a box and boxed it up at home. I then went and shipped it out USPS.

Comment

UPS Rant

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
      I liked using UPS until this happened. There’s a USPS 3 miles from my home I’m going there instead.

Screw USPS. They lost a scope I shipped and basically denied every insurance claim I made on it. If I hadn’t been diligent I would have never gotten it back.

They also “lost” a custom Glock barrel that I never got reimbursed for.

Your best bet is to create a UPS account, do your own packaging and labeling and then drop it off at the UPS store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's why my packages are ready to go when I walk in, they have no clue what I'm shipping.

Comment

We have a local pharmacy that is a UPS dropoff/pickup location. They are the same way. I found out when I tried to send a bolt to Gre-Tan to bush the firing pin hole. It was only the bolt, no action and they wouldn't send it. I also shipped a bow sight there a couple weeks ago and they kinda freaked out about that, but I talked her into it.

This only happens when you bring it in without a label, and get them to type one up for you. I figured out that if I print my own label and drop it off, then they dont know any different.

Comment

UPS stores are private, not owned by UPS. Fedex stores will do the same thing. Box it up and print your own label and pack it prior to bringing it in. Tell em it's a vibrator, they will be happy to ship that.

Comment

Yep my fault for not having it ready I understand that but the way she acted lol it caught me off guard

Comment

I was at a UPS shipping store sending out the scope I had here for sale, it was sold to a member. Well I asked to buy bubble wrap so I can package the scope, thinking it wasn’t a big deal I start wrapping it inside the store. She looked at me and said, “is that for a gun?” At this point you can tell she’s freaking out. I told her no it’s for a telescope. She didn’t buy it, she started back peddling away from me with this scared look on her. She said in a cracking voice “we can’t ship that here.” I asked her why she replied “it’s gun related, we can’t ship it.” I was told I need to go to the UPS warehouse that opens at 5pm today. As soon as another customer came in she was walked away to help them. I was embarrassed to say the least.

I was with you until you said you were embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                  [/COLOR][/B]

I was with you until you said you were embarrassed.
                  Lol she treated me as if I was a leper.

Comment

Has nothing to do w ups....the ups stores are individually owned. They can use their own discression on what to ship. You take it to a warehouse we ship long guns hand guns ammo all of it. Please find out more information before you rant. I've worked for ups for 23 yrs now...

Comment

I always just label anything through UPS as car parts.

I used to be a loader at the UPS DFW hub (local 767!) scopes would have been the mildest thing to have ever come through there. Hell I came in for 2nd shift and a guy on first had tossed a box into a trailer that started flopping. Turned out to be a small gator someone was shipping. I’ll take gun related over illegal exotic animals any day

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                        Has nothing to do w ups....the ups stores are individually owned. They can use their own discression on what to ship. You take it to a warehouse we ship long guns hand guns ammo all of it. Please find out more information before you rant. I've worked for ups for 23 yrs now...
                        Ok so my rant is towards a individually owned ups store, there done. I think ups rant looks better in the title but thanks anyways

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                          I've had ding dongs behind the counter at the UPS hub tell me they don't ship firearms & small arms munitions (more than once) & I'm an FFL...I could have started a few legit UPS rant threads so don't chest thumping for the entire UPS folks just because you are aware of the rules. There are plenty of ignorant folks out there & have had all three of the big shippers at some point go counter to the regulations on me over the years.

Comment

Ok so my rant is towards a individually owned ups store, there done. I think ups rant looks better in the title but thanks anyways

And this is why I can’t believe UPS doesn’t force the UPS Stores to change names so that they don’t appear to be related.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              I always just label anything through UPS as car parts.

I used to be a loader at the UPS DFW hub (local 767!) scopes would have been the mildest thing to have ever come through there. Hell I came in for 2nd shift and a guy on first had tossed a box into a trailer that started flopping. Turned out to be a small gator someone was shipping. I’ll take gun related over illegal exotic animals any day
                              Gator's ain't illegal to ship in TX.

Comment

This is the store front, it’s easy to get them confused as far as individually owned or not. It has the logo and all. Same **** to me.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X