No announcement yet.

UPS Store Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the same thing happen to me when I needed to ship a scope back for warranty.
    Haven’t used UPS since.

Comment

Good thing you didn't point it at her, might be in cuffs right now.

Comment

Had something similar happen except a less scared individual. The lady I dealt with said it was company policy to not ship anything gun related. She was ok tho, she listed the scope as a bird watching device, packaged it up and out it went.

Comment

I shipped a pistol back to myself from florida a few weeks ago and had no issue. Unbelievable story for most but the craziest thing is that I had that pistol in my computer bag, completely forgot it was in there, walked through TSA security and flew to Orlando. I didn't realize it till I was in my room looking for a junk drive. I was telling that story to the guys at the UPS store as I was wrapping it in bubble wrap and filling out the shipping paper work.

Anyway, shipped it home no problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
            I guess a tube with glass is deadlier... She also said to comeback when she’s not working maybe somebody else will send it.
            Just curious, where is this store located? Sounds like it is a personal issue with her. Management needs to be made aware.

Comment

Harlingen Texas on Lincoln st.

Comment

Those stores are independently owned & not really part of ups per say & all have the same policy I understand on firearms..my FIL owns an operation similar where you can pick whatever carrier you want & says the ins to ship firearms is too high for the low volume.

It's totally moronic for them not to ship optics simply due to being related & wouldn't feel anything but frustration...fil will ship gun parts, just not a functioning firearm.

Comment

Just left the post office, they didn’t ask any questions super friendly. 2 day shipping with tracking number. I will avoid shipping via UPS as much as possible now. Thanks for recommendation.

Comment

you went through the metal detector and carried it on the plane?

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
                    I shipped a pistol back to myself from florida a few weeks ago and had no issue. Unbelievable story for most but the craziest thing is that I had that pistol in my computer bag, completely forgot it was in there, walked through TSA security and flew to Orlando. I didn't realize it till I was in my room looking for a junk drive. I was telling that story to the guys at the UPS store as I was wrapping it in bubble wrap and filling out the shipping paper work.

Comment

I'd have to ask for a manager in that situation...

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                        you went through the metal detector and carried it on the plane?
                        That NEVER happens.

Comment

I use the same backpack for clothes and personal items when traveling for work/hunting. I have travelled with full magazines a few times. I shipped them back to myself like you did. Funny thing, one day TSA stopped me to search my bag for some reason, I think it was oversize gel or something, the girl searched my bag and I see a loose .45 round in the bottom. She handed the backpack back to me after taking out what she was looking for. I was shocked, the round was in plain sight there is no way she missed it. She did not know what it was or just did not care, I am not sure. I never put my pistol in my bag, if I did that regularly I am sure it would have gone through security at least once by now!

I am sure we would all be shocked at how many weapons are in the passenger cabin on some flights just from people forgetting what is in their bags. When you fly weekly, or more, for work things like this happen, it is just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                            I am sure we would all be shocked at how many weapons are in the passenger cabin on some flights just from people forgetting what is in their bags. When you fly weekly, or more, for work things like this happen, it is just a matter of time.
                            Yup, and that is why I have separate briefcases for flights. Not worth getting in trouble with work or the law if I forget a mag or handgun in a briefcase.

Comment

Thank goodness you didn't have a bottle of water in there, they'd have found the handgun looking for the bottled water! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                                Good thing you didn't point it at her, might be in cuffs right now.
                                Heck, shes lucky that scope didnt get ****** and kill her right there!

Comment

Working...
                                X