No announcement yet.

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q4 was terrible on my end - but January was a record month for me personally on the sales side, but I’m attributing it to people opening the tap on their spend again, most of my customers ran their inventories to the bare bones through the end of the year.

Not a lot of my customers are expecting great things in the near future, but the doom and gloom mentality seems to have lightened up a bit recently.

Comment

Natural gas prices are hurting us in the exploration business
      In south Texas.

Feel sorry for the younger guys going thru their first tough times.

BP

Comment

Real busy on the remote drilling side! There’s eventually gonna be no DDs or MWDs on location. Glad I joined this side when I did. All the big companies are going to it. Y’all stay safe out here.

Comment

Changed jobs. New job is still in midstream with a new company that could go a hundred different ways. Some good some bad. We shall see.

Comment

Our new equipment sales fell off a cliff the second half of last year. Rentals are holding steady.

Comment

What does the Chesapeake situation mean for a ranch that is under contract with them in South TX?

Comment

WE were given a raise, this last week. TINY but it was a raise none the less. Now if we can just get this rig out of Pascagoula. WE have had Shell, Hess, BP and some littler ones out while we were here though. They're saying Shell wants the rig pretty bad, but we still have 270 days left on our contract with BP. Shell put a damper on their plans to lowball us though, so I am thankful for that!

Comment

Some of our guys took a pretty good pay cut. I imagine most won't return next hitch. There was also a 18% lay off in the office. Hope it was the dumb as safety gurus would come up with some of the stupidest crap I've ever heard of. We have been under contract with Shell for the last five years. We still have work here in the Gulf but hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Definitely don't see any raises in our future. Heck there even cutting back on food. They call it a flexaterian diet. I call it a cut back.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    Some of our guys took a pretty good pay cut. I imagine most won't return next hitch. There was also a 18% lay off in the office. Hope it was the dumb as safety gurus would come up with some of the stupidest crap I've ever heard of. We have been under contract with Shell for the last five years. We still have work here in the Gulf but hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Definitely don't see any raises in our future. Heck there even cutting back on food. They call it a flexaterian diet. I call it a cut back.

Flexing towards ramen noodles and toast? LOL

Comment

I am hearing second quarter major slow/shut down in south Texas.... Everyone hold tight. Find you a seat before the music stops.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        Flexing towards ramen noodles and toast? LOL
                        Funny you should say that. I'm bringing a case next hitch and some canned food. Kind of like working on land only offshore.

Comment

Steady and nothing but water cheese and crackers for now lol

Comment

We are on a Nov.1/Oct.31 Fiscal so our first quarter just ended. It was significantly better than last year and our backlog is better... We're building quite a few new test units both portable and permanent installs, but most of our work now is actually outside the Oil Patch. Some of the major service companies, are upgrading their test facilities, not with new equipment, but with upgraded safety interlocks, flow enhancing changes and systems rebuilds... All of this stuff is good profitable business for us... The weakness right now obviously is capital expenditures by many of our key customers...

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                              WE were given a raise, this last week. TINY but it was a raise none the less. Now if we can just get this rig out of Pascagoula. WE have had Shell, Hess, BP and some littler ones out while we were here though. They're saying Shell wants the rig pretty bad, but we still have 270 days left on our contract with BP. Shell put a damper on their plans to lowball us though, so I am thankful for that!
                              What rig?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Still rolling for us. More inventory coming in to try and keep up with demand
                                Good to hear this Bobby. I was getting worried about y'all.

Comment

Working...
                                X