Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily still pretty busy for us. We haven't seen a Q4 slowdown and I'm hearing plans to stand up at least one more rig in January. Prices are down, but there is still work to do so we're more than happy. Despite staying busy through the last two major downturns I do have real concern for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
      This. After 24 years in the patch I can see the writing on the wall. I don't see another long term boom anytime in the expanded future. Looks like small short term spikes in activity will be the norm. With drastic fatal lows for smaller companies. I believe the big guys will survive but at a really scaled down work force and really streamlined budgets.

I myself would like to get out and find something more steady in my later years. I'm riding it out as far as it will carry me but if something more stable and competitive in pay comes along I'm ready to kelly down this b....
      Im still agreeing with this. Very slow here. Been paying my one full time employee ( small machine shop ) a day or 2 a week to not work. ( working 20-30hrs and paying for 40 ) Dragging out everything as long as I can but cant pay him ( us ) to not work for very long...... I am going to hold off on any decisions till after Christmas, but sure hoping something changes quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        Basic - Cisco laid off all employees this morning (300+ folks)
        I got word that Basic shut down their whole Frac division yesterday

Comment

Pumpco Frac company is done at the end of the year and will close in Pleasanton. CJ is gone(Keane got them) and called Nextier now.

Company man from EOG told me that next year will be nothing spectacular, they like to use the excuse of it's an election year

Comment

We are moving more CNG than ever right now in the Permian and tripled our compression out there. Eagle Ford is steady, and Oklahoma took it on the chin due to activity levels plummeting.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
              We are moving more CNG than ever right now in the Permian and tripled our compression out there. Eagle Ford is steady, and Oklahoma took it on the chin due to activity levels plummeting.

Midstream? Or wellhead?? I talk to people constantly trying to find wellhead compression in the Permian... Let me know if y’all play or want to play that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Advantage Chemical. We handle everything from frac to long term production.

If any TBH members buy chemical shoot me a pm. We are one of the few service companies left that still take guys hunting and fishing. Lol!

Comment

Just got word Stewart and Stevenson cut like 1/3rd of their Houston people? Maybe it was just my bro’s location

Comment

Q1 will ramp up and Q2 should be killer in 2020 but our analysts are saying Q3 is going to be an absolute bloodbath for the O&G industry. With oil prices hovering around $60/BBL going into 2020, no companies cap ex is going to be what it was in 2019. Less cap ex for the big boys means less money for the little guys.

Hopefully our analysts used to be weathermen and are completely wrong
                    Last edited by johnpaul; 12-20-2019, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Any one here ever hear of Apergy?

Word I got this week is that they are buying the old Champion business from EcoLab (NalcoChampion). I used to work for Champion and when EcoLab bought them in 2013 my division, Downstream, got left with the original Champion ownership. Happily I might add for us in my division!!!

Well in May of 2018 Halliburton bought us. So far, so good. I'm not sure about the comment MAP made a few up about MultiChem going away. That's not what I'm hearing from my management and I'm sort of in the middle.

Merry Christmas to all of y'all.
                      Tim

Comment

My company has ventured out into the LNG market, we still do offshore when needed but trying not to have all our eggs in one basket so to speak

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                          Any one here ever hear of Apergy?

Word I got this week is that they are buying the old Champion business from EcoLab (NalcoChampion). I used to work for Champion and when EcoLab bought them in 2013 my division, Downstream, got left with the original Champion ownership. Happily I might add for us in my division!!!

Well in May of 2018 Halliburton bought us. So far, so good. I'm not sure about the comment MAP made a few up about MultiChem going away. That's not what I'm hearing from my management and I'm sort of in the middle.

Merry Christmas to all of y'all.
                          Tim
                          Heard about Apergy today. Good luck!

Comment

It has been a bit. Any news? We have picked up a bit but not sure how long it will last. At least we are getting 40hrs right now. Lot of negativity from everyone I talk to lately.

Sure would like to start serving another industry. Willing to make whatever changes needed. Had a pretty good nibble from someone on here ( not oil related ) and got my hopes up but havent heard from him so that may be dead.

Anybody looking to cut costs and improve delivery give me a holler. We do what it takes to get you your parts. I have literally had calls for hot jobs at 7pm and delivered first thing next morning. ( we do prefer a bit more leadtime if possible haha )

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              It has been a bit. Any news? We have picked up a bit but not sure how long it will last. At least we are getting 40hrs right now. Lot of negativity from everyone I talk to lately.

Sure would like to start serving another industry. Willing to make whatever changes needed. Had a pretty good nibble from someone on here ( not oil related ) and got my hopes up but havent heard from him so that may be dead.

Anybody looking to cut costs and improve delivery give me a holler. We do what it takes to get you your parts. I have literally had calls for hot jobs at 7pm and delivered first thing next morning. ( we do prefer a bit more leadtime if possible haha )

My customers and material suppliers are all expecting a ramp up in February.

Comment

Still rolling for us. More inventory coming in to try and keep up with demand

Comment

Working...
                                X