Nicest Restaurant Ever !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Stephen Pyles created a new one! We got our picture with Him when he came to our table at Flora St. in Downtown.
    He also had a place called Samar that was downtown that was pretty good but it closed a few years ago.

Comment

Before it closed, the Pelican Club in Galveston.

The nicest I've been to since would be a toss up between Rudy and Paco's and Commanders Palace.

Comment

If you unfortunately find yourself in Philadelphia for any reason, there's an Italian joint called La Famiglia that is top notch.

Comment

Reservations here tomorrow night!

This has been a great read - loved seeing the responses and different ideas to check out.

I am much more a fan of local Family spots that I can walk in and greeted by name. I love that.

I also enjoy being served and tended to by some things I cant find right near home.

Both have their place for me.

9/10 restaurants I'm setting reservations for - I'm calling ahead to see if I can wear my hat and get away with it.

If you find yourself in Houston area, call and get you some reservations at Chez Nous (shay new) in Humble. It's been there for about 40 years and the current chef and owner is a French-trained culinary artist. Get "The Chef's Table with Wine Pairing" and thank me later. It is a hidden gem.

It is one of those places you mentioned above that know you when you come in. Jen and I are pretty regular (3-4x/yr) since our engagement there many years ago. They not only remember us by name, but know the table we were engaged at, that my wife prefers souffles for desert, that neither of us care for lamb, that my wife's cocktail is a Painkiller, etc. It'w a nice place to be a regular.

Comment

Deez.......in Alvin, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              If you find yourself in Houston area, call and get you some reservations at Chez Nous (shay new) in Humble. It's been there for about 40 years and the current chef and owner is a French-trained culinary artist. Get "The Chef's Table with Wine Pairing" and thank me later. It is a hidden gem.

It is one of those places you mentioned above that know you when you come in. Jen and I are pretty regular (3-4x/yr) since our engagement there many years ago. They not only remember us by name, but know the table we were engaged at, that my wife prefers souffles for desert, that neither of us care for lamb, that my wife's cocktail is a Painkiller, etc. It'w a nice place to be a regular.

Dang Curt, we'll have to meet y'all there sometime! This is my wife's new-found favorite too... I've been going there for years with clients... Wife and I had our 42nd anniversary dinner there last year and she fell in love with the place!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                Before it closed, the Pelican Club in Galveston.

The nicest I've been to since would be a toss up between Rudy and Paco's and Commanders Palace.
                I grew up in Galveston. My dad was a member of the Pelican Club and we'd go for special occasions - High School Graduation, Confirmation, etc. It's been a long long time but I remember it was darn good but we never saw the bill. I don't think you actually paid in there, didn't they just mail you a bill?

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                  What’s a 3 star Michelin? That’s not even enough Michelin’s for my truck if I was replacing. I’ll go with a 3 Majeks on Mickeys Bar and Grill in Aransas Pass for me. Lol
                  Mickeys is dam good

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    I ate at a sushi place in Manhattan a few years back. Supposedly one of the best in NYC. Very hard to find, no windows or sign on the door, just a small number. Inside, everything was white. Floor, walls, seating, tables, all stark white. No menu, all chef's choice based on what you said you liked in the interview by the server. Bill was hand written in script. $600 a person. Patrons in the place all looked like Vogue and GQ models. Quite surreal. Best sushi I ever had.
                    Did you eat at Masa?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Dang Curt, we'll have to meet y'all there sometime! This is my wife's new-found favorite too... I've been going there for years with clients... Wife and I had our 42nd anniversary dinner there last year and she fell in love with the place!
                      With a second nomination, I gotta try and get there!

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

I cannot wait! Sounds like greatness all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        Did you eat at Masa?
                        No, it wasn't Masa. I don't recall the name, it was a business dinner that one of my co-workers arranged. There was very little, if anything, written in English inside. The front door was made of some type of polished metal but didn't have any name or logo on it, just the street number. Unless you knew it was there, you wouldn't even recognize it as a restaurant from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Our best would be Piccolo Lago Restaurant on Lake Mergozzo near Lake Maggiore and Stresa, Italy. It is 2 star Michelin rated and fortunately did not have to pick up the ticket! My wife and I were with a party of 8 hosted by a mutual fund company. When it came time to pay the check, his company credit card did not have enough available balance to cover the huge tab which included multiple bottles of VERY nice wine. Somewhat embarrassing on him, but he got it worked out!

My wife was impressed by the kitchen, which was behind a huge glass picture window, and you had to pass by it on the way to the tables. It was immaculate, and they let people tour through it. She still talks about them serving the butter on individual small river stones for each person. Outstanding place and experience!

http://www.piccololago.it/en/

That would be sweet!

Comment

I've eaten at Beach Bistro on Anna Maria Island in Florida twice. I've not had better meals. Highly recommend it if you're ever out that way.

Comment

We just went to Truluck's on Westheimer in Houston. Probally the best service I have ever had. they even called my wife the next day to see how everything went.

Comment

Reservations here tomorrow night!

This has been a great read - loved seeing the responses and different ideas to check out.

I am much more a fan of local Family spots that I can walk in and greeted by name. I love that.

I also enjoy being served and tended to by some things I cant find right near home.

Both have their place for me.

9/10 restaurants I'm setting reservations for - I'm calling ahead to see if I can wear my hat and get away with it.
                                If you like them, I suggest the Potatoes Au Gratin as a side. The best I've had!

Comment

Working...
                                X