• Show
Clear All

King snake vs. rat snake

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
      King snake vs. rat snake
      Yep

Comment

The hogs have put such a dent in all the smaller wildlife, that snakes are becoming fewer by the day.

Comment

Here around the house, if my dog doesn't kill it first, I will. Copperheads that is. I have seen first hand what a copperhead bite will do. I don't want no part of that. Other than those, I rarely see any other kind of snake.
          Rats and mice, that's what the cats are for!!!

Comment

Venomous and Non-Venomous snakes pretty much eat the same things. So, no point in keeping Venomous snakes around

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Sure looks like a rat snake.
              That's what I thought

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                Venomous and Non-Venomous snakes pretty much eat the same things. So, no point in keeping Venomous snakes around
                Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post

Great point...

Comment

I don't kill them for several reasons:

1. They are beneficial to the overall wellbeing of nature.
                    2. I'm a grown man and I'm not afraid of a little snek
                    3. Venomous snakes are nature's warning label and the deliverer of stupid prizes for playing stupid games.

Comment

I don't kill them, never understood that thought process. Using that logic, you might as well start cutting peoples heads off just because they might hit you their car one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

3. Venomous snakes are nature's warning label and the deliverer of stupid prizes for playing stupid games.
                        Ants are beneficial to the overall well being of nature too. They don't need to be around my house either. Not afraid of snakes, Rats, bugs, or any other pest, but pest control is pest control.

Comment

Ants, spiders, mosquitoes, venomous snakes, scorpions, they all need to die.

And love bugs!!!!!

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 07-29-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                            I don't kill them, never understood that thought process. Using that logic, you might as well start cutting peoples heads off just because they might hit you their car one day.
                            With 3000-something people killed on Texas roads each year you might be onto something...

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Get bit by one and spend a month throwing up from the pain and you'll think differently maybe. I still ain't scared, but close to the house or camper and they get the hatchet.

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
                                Get bit by one and spend a month throwing up from the pain and you'll think differently maybe. I still ain't scared, but close to the house or camper and they get the hatchet.
                                Getting bitten because I did something stupid isn't likely to change my mind about an animal with a brain the size of a peanut. I don't need to get bitten to know how much it sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X